PDA

View Full Version : scaling & ridehights

frontrunner
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Is it better to scale car with driver or without driver & the numbers for my car is that what it should be when im in the car?? The way I set my ridehights is I set it even up with out driver & when I get in the car left side of car goes 1/2'' lower than the right side, Is that ok to do ride hight that way????? staked leafspring mod.... THANKS

usafracer
04-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I set everything with driver in the car.

Egoracing
04-15-2011, 06:02 AM
I agree that the driver should be in the car BUT, if the chassis maker specs setups without driver you need to find what size they planned on. GRT late models used to be without driver in the car and they planned on a 200lb driver and if your driver was heavier you had to add the extra weight in the seat.

frontrunner
04-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks.. I never got any papers or setup sheets when I bought my car years ago & it was just copyed they said it was a dirtworks chassis... So I always have set my ridehight with out driver even up & when driver got in the car the ride hight would be a 1/2'' from left to right witch thats what I like to have is a 1/2'' so is that alright to do it that way??? About scaling the car i do it with driver but if there is a better way I would try... THANKS AGAIN

1cln_sdime
04-16-2011, 04:15 AM
On r Shaw we do everything without the driver

frontrunner
04-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks... So if I scale without driver does that mean my numbers will have to be lower so when the driver gets in the car the numbers will cme out right or up to what I need.
THANKS AGAIN............

charcoal01
04-16-2011, 10:15 AM
just work backwards. scale the car with the driver, get the numbers where you think you want them. write that down. have him get out of the car, then write those new numbers down and then you have a baseline for car less driver. work from there. as long as you're not changing drivers all the time his weight will stay a constant so you can basically scale the car whenever you want without waiting on him. makes scaling the car much easier if you're a one man crew.

frontrunner
04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Ok thanks.............................

monte1race
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
i have dirtworks setup sheets. they say to scale w/o the driver. pm me if you'd like me to give you they're setup #'s and %'s. its some great detailed info.

frontrunner
04-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Can I also do my ridehights with driver in the car... THANKS