PDA

View Full Version : Ford front snout

RW57
04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
We are going to build my son a new car while it is not an open wheel you guys seem to always have a lot more info here in the open wheel tech forum. The car will be a tube back half stock clip hobby car will weigh 2800 # with driver will be 3 link with solid top link coil springs all 4 corners quick changes are permitted as are wide 5 hubs. My question is this is their a factory ford front snout that would be better than a camaro clip our car now has a camaro snout .The howe fabbed clips that use stock lower arms are legal. I talked to tech man last nite ford snouts are legal. I have never been afraid to try something different and would do this if it would be a better route. I know a lot of the late models are based on a ford snout. If it would be better what would be a good donor car a late model owner who I raced with 25 years ago is adamant a ford snout would be a better way to go if I could get something readily available talk to me guys.

racin6mod
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I think a ford clip would be a better design the torino.some mod chassis builders used them early on.

hoosierdaddy48
04-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I think some of the older latemodels used a ford snouts. I have seen a few shaw cars converted to what we call a pro stock and they are snouts.

racerkrp1
04-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I have used the ford clips that are rear steer and I never really got a good feel for them. Bump steer was a mess on those also. I think if you can run a rack up front you would be OK. I never liked the rear steer stuff at all.. Just my 2 cents...

RW57
04-18-2011, 07:24 PM
I have used the ford clips that are rear steer and I never really got a good feel for them. Bump steer was a mess on those also. I think if you can run a rack up front you would be OK. I never liked the rear steer stuff at all.. Just my 2 cents... Thanks I think we will just stay with a camaro

GC8
04-30-2011, 06:07 PM
You can contact Brett Hamilton about this clip. He builds some of the finest pavement and dirt modifieds you will ever see and the use the for Crown Vic clip. Is 3 link stuff for pavement is almost unbeatable and are very strong. 804 598 8246

LowTechRacing
04-30-2011, 06:22 PM
The ford clip is much heavier. Better geometry, wider, and stronger from everything I have read. Since you can do the tube rear that's the route I would go.

racinaj89
05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
call mach 1 race cars in colona, il they build there modifieds on a Crown Vic front stub im sure they can get you in the right direction.. 309-796-4610