PDA

View Full Version : Preload on coil over eliminator on a shaw

1cln_sdime
04-19-2011, 03:01 AM
We r running a 150 rr spring and have no preload on the eliminator and have had some ppl tell us we need preload and to drop down to a 125lb spring and run it in tighter to have the same ride height and get pre load. just looking to c what u thought?

1cln_sdime
04-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Guessing no one elses has ran into this

TCmod
04-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Set your ride height and scale, that'll be your pre load.

1cln_sdime
04-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Do u realy think i would have posted this bf seting ride height and scaleing?

racer21
04-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Are you saying you have no preload when the car is on the bars?If thats the case you may need taller springs,are you on 16'?If you are on 16' then u may try a softer one but thats not what you probably need,call kevin at shaw his tech support and knowledge is second to none!

TCmod
04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I have never heard of preload in a RR eliminator.

cavemod
04-22-2011, 11:33 PM
On the shaw car I've worked on if you run the spring ON a kit ON the shock preload is set on the scales with weight percentages at ride height. if have the spring on a slider and shock seperate(ie.spring behind shock in front) there should be no preload.also we have never ran below a 150lbs. rr spring mostly 200 and 175. on lr we use 225 and 200 and have won many features or top 5 car no matter where we ran unless we had other issues.we use zipties to tie both ends of the spring to the cups on the sliders to keep them from popping out of position which is real common on the lr when the car hikes up on rough tracks.

dirttrackrocker
04-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Why would you need preload on the RR?? Set your ride height with it and be done.

cavemod
04-23-2011, 01:08 PM
when you run a coil over setup on the rr, when the car is at ride height the spring has a load on it when you take it off the car it may take 2 or 3 turns to relieve the pressure to take the spring off the shock.we use a couple different shock spring packages that we setup while on the scales before going to the track.so at the track if we feel we need a softer or stiffer shock or spring we just unbolt the old assembly and bolt in the different one and we know exactly what scale numbers we got.the only problem is you have to have a bunch of shocks ,springs, and coil over kits for all the different combinations.after a few weeks your able to figure out which ones you use most often for best results.

1cln_sdime
04-23-2011, 01:57 PM
I ment Lr i have already talk to shaw about this thanks thow