PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Curl takes home $1000 at Farmer City's Modified Mania

JCR12
04-19-2011, 03:12 PM
After the great debut at Brownstown, IN in March, Jeff Curl put his Bob Pierce Chassis in Victory lane in only his third night in the car. Qualifying 8th overall out of 54 UMP Modifieds, Curl ran 2nd in his heat race and started 8th in the main event. He was able to maneuver around Devin Gilpen and Nick Allen to lead the last 13 laps and pick up the $1000 payday.

"It's an unbelievable feeling to win with the competition here. Nick Allen, Devin Gilpen, Jeff Leka, McKay Wenger...those guys are some of the best. I've only had three nights in this Pierce car and I'm still learning each lap, but couldn't be happier with how this season has started. I hate it for my teammate Jay Ledford tonight. He was on a rail early on and had a good shot at winning before the power steering belt broke. He and his team deserve some credit for my win. They’ve walked me through some setup stuff on this Pierce car and helped me in making some changes.”

Curl's Easter weekend racing has him schedule back at the Farmer City Raceway next Friday night and then over to Peoria on Saturday night.

Visit http://www.curlracing.com for more details and keep up-to-date on Jeff Curl Racing.

A special thanks to all Jeff Curl's 2011 sponsors: Pro Tire & Automotive, Longhorn Smokehouse, Pontiac RV, Chatsworth Ag Service, DMI Technology Group, Grandma & Grandpa Wharton, Ace Motorsports, Roach Construction, Faithful Friends Christian Pre-School and Daycare, Mom, J&J Investments and Machine, Friedman Racing Engines, Augie, Crane Trucking, Aftershock Racing Decals, Brandt Tuning, Barkley Motorsports, Blondie and Big Red, The RV Mattress Company and Bridget Katy Tyler & Ellie.