PDA

View Full Version : nova lowers on a metric

dazed and confused
04-20-2011, 08:31 AM
installed nova lowers on my metric stock clip , swaped sides ect.and all i really did was make some spacers and a little trimming,
and the springs are in a obvious angle from the spring pocket being moved out. i trimmed a little on the frame,and i dont really see any binding issue,just ANGLE is this norm or did i miss somthing here.

PIERCE3J
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
What type of chassis? Is the spring angle different than the angle of the jack screws when looking from the front and side? Take the spring out and support the lower up to ride height with a floor jack or whatever. Extend the jack bolts length down to the spring pocket either by using all-thread or a piece of tubing or whatever. Use your imagination. It better line up with the spring pocket. If it doesn't, start cutting and welding or find someone with some chassis skills to look at it.

usafracer
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
When I went to Nova lowers I had to relocate the weight jack bolts. If they are not centered on the spring it will cause them to bind up. I tried to make it work with them in the same location as they were when I had metric lowers and no go.

cavemod
04-20-2011, 03:41 PM
would it help if you use swiveler type weight jack bolts??

PIERCE3J
04-26-2011, 07:43 AM
No. If it's not in line, it has to be fixed if you want it to work properly. The swivelers would probably let the spring bow too much where the spring would bind on the frame somewhere causing all kinds of handeling problems.