PDA

View Full Version : Please Fix North Georgia Speedway !!!!!!!

Dirtwizard
04-22-2011, 10:08 PM
The racing has been awful, something is wrong with that new dirt .

ngsdirt
04-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Where the HE11 have you been going!!!

The racing at North Georgia this year has been excellent in almost EVERY division!!!

Lots of cars & competitive races!!!

gadogs83
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
i hear ya bud. i was at the race that chip brindle won a couple of weeks ago and it sucked. single file racing the whole time. no top groove whatsoever. they'll get it going tho.

99plummer
04-23-2011, 03:18 PM
What's funny is the Supers were the only class that did that....The classes before that race and after were good. Too much H.P. maybe?

pounder13
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
The night that Chip Brindle won there was a series controlling the supers. When they are there, they are in charge of the track while their cars are out on it. It was their responsibility to roll the track in . They chose not to do so. Timmy nor the other track officials have any control over that situation. The staff puts in a tremendous amount of work to make for the best show possible. Thanks to everyone for your support of North Georgia Speedway this year. It will only continue to improve

gadogs83
04-24-2011, 01:13 PM
i wasn't bashing north georgia pounder. i love that place. regardless of who's in charge of the track i was just saying that the single file racing that night wasn't very exciting.

IceCowart
04-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Its was more than 1 grove last night. But that being said the 1600 rear tires dont do much for good racing. Its for giving the driver with out deep pockets a chance. The open tires last night wasas good a race i seen any where this year.

RadioMan
04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
The night that Chip Brindle won there was a series controlling the supers. When they are there, they are in charge of the track while their cars are out on it. It was their responsibility to roll the track in . They chose not to do so. Timmy nor the other track officials have any control over that situation. The staff puts in a tremendous amount of work to make for the best show possible. Thanks to everyone for your support of North Georgia Speedway this year. It will only continue to improve

I feel i need to address this situation. First of all we as the STARS VRS and STARS MDRL (STARS Racing) are in full support of Mr. Millwood and his staff for what a great job they do each week to help try and improve things at North GA Speedway. They have been nothing but courteous and show great hospitality when we come in.

To pounder13: When the series rolls in the track preparation to how their surface is prepared is up to the Speedway. We do not control what decisions they make as far as watering, grading and other track prepping measures. The track informed us they wanted to roll certain spots on the track and we as officials had our series cars do that at that time.

I just felt I needed to clarify that, and thank you for your support of the Track and Series.

Chris Tilley
Series Director

All Revved Up
04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
If anybody saw the racing this past Saturday night, 23rd, ....... the "problem" seems to be fixed!
Cars from all classes were using, and passing, all over the entire race track.
GREAT job to the staff!

garacefan11
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
this thread is crazy... the racing has been awesome all year good races and good car/fan turnouts. For you people complaining about 1 lane, saturday ronnie passed payne on the top while payne ran the middle/low side. there hasnt been one heat or race other than that one feature that was one lane on the bottom, even that night people back in the field were passing. :confused:

matdaddy
04-25-2011, 01:46 PM
I was at North Ga. Saturday 23rd and the racing was great. The track looked to be in great shape. Congrats to R.J. and Spanky, to the 20 team in mod hobby good job. That car would come off turn 1 and 2 as fast as the supers. Heather you did a good job in limited. Don't pay any attention to those keyboard haters!

Heather Taylor #07
04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
thank you! i'm trying my best. and for it to have only been my 5th race in that car i'm just happy i brought it home in one piece

sooner123
04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
ya you did good heather you did not get lapped this weekend kudos. maybe two more laps you would have but. you did good.

Heather Taylor #07
04-25-2011, 02:47 PM
ah, getting lapped doesn't bother me a bit. i actually just realized this saturday night. people in every class get lapped. it's part of it i reckon.

sooner123
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
yes it is part of it. but it gets old after you get lapped all the time.

Heather Taylor #07
04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
i actually expected to get lapped. i mean, i just started this class. i don't expect to win anytime soon. not even this season. i'm just trying to get seat time.

cv48truck
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Heather; you are doing a fine job for your experance. You worked your way up, first in the pony class and won, then in the modified class and won, now in the limited and I am sure in time you will win. You had most of your experance at Tri-County but have stepped out to other tracks for needed seat time. With a dad like Curtis to guide you, you will do fine.

garacefan11
04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
here we go again with the heather taylor thread...

badacefaist19
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
yeah im pretty sure in the Chatsworth times under Limited Late Model results it will say Heather Taylor and not sooner123, so shut the phuq up.

Also the race had one of my favorite commentator sayings:
(Lap 19) "Johnson is looking in the middle of 1 and 2 as he is closing on David Payne.
(Lap 20) "David Payne trying to hold off the Chattanooga Flash as he now looks to the bottom."
(Lap 21) "JOHNSON TO THE HIGH SIDE!!! He will overtake first place!"
(Lap 30) "Johnson takes the checkered flag at North Georgia Speedway!"

dirtballer10
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Hell its still better than dixie track surface

Heather Taylor #07
04-26-2011, 05:56 AM
jealous much garacefan?

garacefan11
04-26-2011, 12:08 PM
i feel like we have already been through this, no jealousy

Heather Taylor #07
04-26-2011, 02:21 PM
well what exactly is your big problem with me? i just don't get it.