PDA

View Full Version : Hendren ?

Dirtwizard
04-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Are they worth the cost what makes them so special , I thought you couldnt do any thing to these crate motors

dirty white boy
04-23-2011, 12:27 AM
yes,..there experience makes the dereference!! an itll be leagle!!!

BIGFREAK101
04-23-2011, 12:34 AM
What kinda # s are they making coming from Hendren

Egoracing
04-23-2011, 07:13 AM
You are not allowed to do anything in them but the factory tollerences are much wider than Hendrens are. They correct them to factory specs and get to do things like check lifters for issues and verify clearences. Factory motors are from 375 up to a little over 400. Henderens makes this window MUCH smaller.

JTSjet
04-23-2011, 10:02 AM
it's really just an insurance policy. sadly, when you buy a gm motor you really don't know what you're getting. there's good ones and bad ones just like any other production machine you buy. not every piece of the engine is inspected and verified at the factory, only a certain percentage. that's just the way production works, otherwise they couldn't sell a motor like that for $5k. Hendrens have the experience and have done the r & d to be able to take what gm has produced and ensure you are getting an engine that will be reliable and tuned for the specific conditions of a dirt late model.

Do you need a match-spec or blueprinted crate engine to be competitive? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'd trade 50hp for the perfect setup on a given night any day of the week (that's not saying you can necessarily get an extra 50hp out of one of these engines). it's about making the best of what you have unless you can afford to keep a spare engine around. there's been plenty of races won on out-of-the-box engines. i am one that wants to minimize the chance of scattering one half-way through the year.

for a crate engine builder, pursuing research on big hp gains from the engine is counter-productive. It will kill the sport in the long run. i believe hendrens (and many other crate engine builders i'm sure) see this. I have a lot of respect for that kind of integrity.

BTDT
04-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I did a considerable amount of reasearch on this very subject. Because I "plan" on being up front and we are known for always being right. If you need me Tuesday I will be at Herdren's.....nuff said.

BIGFREAK101
04-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Well no one answered my question so here we go I know of a rebuild that just happened on a 604 and on e85 it was making 456Hp so come on guys can Hendred do that legal because this Guy did? So what's the #s guys. .........

crate late
04-23-2011, 01:52 PM
You can make a dyno say what you want and I have seen motors dynoed on one and got a number then hooked up to another one and says somthing way off. The only way to do it is to run motors on the same dyno as a comparison. Hendren has a chassis dyno not a regular engine dyno so their numbers are rwhp.

BIGFREAK101
04-23-2011, 02:09 PM
What is it at the rearwheels any idea just chatting now LOL I help on supers

racin6mod
04-24-2011, 09:48 AM
sounds to me like all they really can do is blue print the engine.I'm told the real hp gain is in the carb and header combo's.

Dirtwizard
04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
You can make a dyno say what you want and I have seen motors dynoed on one and got a number then hooked up to another one and says somthing way off. The only way to do it is to run motors on the same dyno as a comparison. Hendren has a chassis dyno not a regular engine dyno so their numbers are rwhp.

They dont have a regular dyno ? What ?

sj valley dave
04-27-2011, 04:16 PM
They have both a chassis and engine dyno...Our engine was dynoed before being shipped on the engine dyno...

ZULATER15
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
460 hp is right with the correct fuel ,carb,and headers with a air box and a blueprinted motor

dirty white boy
04-28-2011, 02:41 AM
if it is from hendren,..it WILL be legal,... friendship speedway had driver ron parker protested 2 weeks ago with a hendren 604 an NDRA found it legal! its all the little things that add up,..checking lifters,..matching valve springs,..an knowing from there experience what works an what hurts...theres a definite edge there,..is its worth the difference of a new GM motor is the question....

Egoracing
04-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Hendrens has said several times, chassis dyno it and if you are at ( I think it was) 385 at the rear wheels race it and worry about rebuilding it later. If you are at a lot less then it should be gone through.

F22 RAPTOR
05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Well no one answered my question so here we go I know of a rebuild that just happened on a 604 and on e85 it was making 456Hp so come on guys can Hendred do that legal because this Guy did? So what's the #s guys. .........

I've NEVER seen Hendrens claim 456HP from a crate. The most I've seen him advertise was like 410HP before the new heads came out. E85 gives you some more HP, but not that much. The only guy I've seen on here claiming that kinda HP from a 604 is "Dynoman14" and he gets blasted on here quite a bit as a snake oil salesman. Hendrens dyno tests every crate before they go out the door, and they only fix the ones that need it, at least that was what I understood Bill to say before he passed. Unless you were there in the dyno room to see this engine at Hendrens I wouldn't believe it.

tsand
05-08-2011, 11:53 AM
clements dyno a motor and it was 422 hp the most he seen on his dyno was 428. the 422 hp was a 17 race winner last year and a top five in fastrak gn points