PDA

View Full Version : To much Lift on LF

BCR
04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
OK Last night I ran and the track had alot of bite in it. I was pulling the lf thru the turn and down the straights.
Limited mod
3 link
2bbl 358ci
Lt 54%
R 54%
Bite 140#
pull bar= long @ 22 degree
Lt arm @ 21 deg
Rt arm @ 10 deg
Jbar @ 1inch above pinion and 4" rake (level flat part)
spring LF 600 RF 650 LR 200 RR175 impala clip
american racer kk704
1 inch stag fr and rear
psi lf 10 rf 12 lr 8 rr 11
Plenty of roll and tons of lift out of lr. rr about 2.5 travel at shock.

The drive is great and The rear steer is so good coming from a car that pushed bad.
I think I used the rr tire up by lap 15 or so. As the track started to slick up I had to move up into moisture more to get it to roll over. Think if I can get it to not lift so much I can be a little more consistant. BUT I LOVE THE DRIVE. ON THE GAS THRU HOLE TURN.
What is something else I can try besides lowering that lr maybe. I love the drive out of it. Just dont like that much lift. I think if the track goes drier than it was I may have had a problem getting it to roll.
ANY SUGGESTIONS. LIKE I said. Before the car always had a push thru mid.
TY

washeduptoo
04-24-2011, 08:11 PM
If your pull bar is to the left on rear end or at the front, you might center it or move it to the right to see if that helps. You could lower the lr bar or move the rr bar up. I've seen guys mount some wt on the lf frame rail behind the tire, just some things to think about and good luck.

loosegruff
04-26-2011, 01:18 AM
you can put some lead on the left front , or you can take a little bite out of it , lower your j bar on the frame a little might help also, we run a shaw and we just have about 40 lbs of bite , if we run more bite it wonts to lift the left front tire off the ground,hope this helps

nikk
04-26-2011, 07:47 AM
we had the same problem on our shaw,i loved the forward drive with a lot of bite but it wheelied so bad,it was hard to drive.dropped the bite to 45# and made the car way faster.good luck!