PDA

View Full Version : 602 pushrods?

lancer6187
04-24-2011, 05:14 PM
New to the crate racing. Just Purchased a car minus pushrods, carb, and distributor. Need some help with the pushrods. Only information i can find on them are gmpp#14095256 cant find the length or wall thickness. Would apreciate any info!!

Egoracing
04-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Length and wall thickness do not matter as the GM part is the only part allowed. They are about $16 each or $256 a set from what I can find. The real question would be why were the original ones removed!

Egoracing
04-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Scoggin D i c k ey has them for $12.78 each. (Had to space it out or it would not post it.)

lancer6187
05-09-2011, 02:08 PM
The GM part# actually crosses over to a Sealed Power part # for about half the cost. I bought the engine used and some of the rocker studs were pulling out of the head messing up the end of a couple of the pushrods. The valve springs seemed way to stiff, i think that was causing the rocker studs to pull out so i put a new set of gm springs in and havent pulled a stud out since

Egoracing
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
The GM part# actually crosses over to a Sealed Power part # for about half the cost. I bought the engine used and some of the rocker studs were pulling out of the head messing up the end of a couple of the pushrods. The valve springs seemed way to stiff, i think that was causing the rocker studs to pull out so i put a new set of gm springs in and havent pulled a stud out since
A lot of parts mfgs. have cross over parts that look close to the same and will work the same but are not legal. If you are running a crate class like Fastrak or Nesmith, they check push rods for length and diameter and I have seen them check the hole size. If any of your parts are off you will be banned for a year and loose the parts for cheating.