PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Chassis Numbers?

jasonsensational80
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm going to look at a modified and its a Shaw car... when I asked about Chassis numbers he said Shaw doesn't number the chassis... is this true? and if so how do I tell what year the car is? Its supposed to be a 2007.

ryan15x
04-25-2011, 06:43 PM
It is true they do not number their chassis. They send out a plate saying "This car was built for such-and-such" with their logo and year model. Unfortunately there will not be much that will distinguish it as a 2007; the best thing to do is try and call Kevin to verify the history of the car (who the guy bought it from, etc).

big88fan
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm the guy selling it call kevin at shaw tell him that Grant Box owned the car he'll know who it is the car is an 07, funny how when you try and sell something at a reasonable price everyone thinks something must be wrong with it but if you try and get top dollar out of it then I'm an overpriced a$$hole I f'ing hate selling sh!t online

ryan15x
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm the guy selling it call kevin at shaw tell him that Grant Box owned the car he'll know who it is the car is an 07, funny how when you try and sell something at a reasonable price everyone thinks something must be wrong with it but if you try and get top dollar out of it then I'm an overpriced a$$hole I f'ing hate selling sh!t online

Haha! Catch 22 for sure...was not too sure of the situation but tried to give best advice I could. Year model is an arbitrary number sometimes though; my Shaw is an 09 but never got ran til 2010. So telling someone that it is an 09 would not be an accurate depiction of the age of it.

big88fan
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Ryan your right not much to go on sometimes but there are a few things to help identify the year the way the overslung is made as well as the x brace can narrow it down pretty good add that with a few front end changes and you can get within 1 or 2 years pretty easy the best thing to do is actually come and look at the car you want to buy and use your common sence and the cars overall condition to make a decision

jasonsensational80
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Not trying to sound distrusting. Every car I have ever bought I call the builder with a chassis number to get a history. I've been in the car business too long.. I know the current owner doesnt always know the entire history of a car. That's why we have car fax. Also Shaw cars are not something I'm familiar with as we've only ever owned GRT's in the past.

Thanks everyone for the info.

big88fan
04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Well see thats your problem GRT well if you buy this shaw you'll be on the right track maybe then you'll straighten out a little bit. But it might not matter anyway I have a guy comin tomorrow out of minnesota to look at it and I can't see him driving 10hrs and not buy it

BCR
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Not taking sides here but Ive been on both sides of the fence. When selling I just say "it is what it is, take it or leave it". it is tough to sell stuff because when your the buyer: you get fu+$ and regret not looking into it more. So sell it when you can, Like the other guy said too: buy it with common sense. If you dont know what you are looking at, bring someone who does. Even if it cost a couple of bucks.
And only take CASH !!!!!!!