PDA

View Full Version : The Lowdown on the Showdown in Sarvertown - Dave Hess Jr. 4.25

Lernerville PR
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
http://www.lernerville.com/images/stories/easygallery/resized/4.15Hess.JPG

The Lowdown on the Showdown in Sarvertown
Dave Hess Jr. looking for rare Double Victory

Sarver, PA (April 25, 2011) As we continue to look forward to the $5,000-to-win Showdown in Sarvertown featuring the All Star Late Model Series at the Action Track this Friday, April 29 by profiling some of the stars of what promises to be a loaded field of the finest Late Model drivers in the region, Dave Hess Jr. once again comes face-to-face with Lernerville Speedway history.

Last summer, Hess made history by claiming the 2010 Budweiser Track Championship in the Precise Racing Products DIRTcar Late Models. In doing so, he and his father joined an elite group of father/son Track Champions. This Friday, April 29, Hess will try to become one of an elite few drivers to accomplish the impressive feat; a list which includes Hall of Famers Bob Wearing Sr., Lou Blaney and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Swartzlander and most recently David Scott during the 2000 season.

Hess is certainly no stranger to Sheetz Victory Lane, with multiple wins in both divisions, including three in the Late Model and one in the UMP Mod last year. But doing so on the same night would be an historic accomplishment!

Hess nearly achieved it last year during this same event, as he won the UMP Modified feature, after finishing second in the All Star A-Main behind Robbie Blair. “I think it also puts more pressure on me to compete because of the caliber of racers that show up. We try as hard as we can to win every week, but special shows add some more pressure to do well.” Hess continued, “Winning the All Star race at Lernerville would be really good for my career. Being so close last year, with a second place finish, puts a little more pressure on me this year to win; knowing I was so close last year!”

Running two cars in one night can also create more pressure as it presents interesting challenges, especially during a big event which includes time trials for the All Star Late Models, but Hess takes it all in stride, “Lernerville is definitely the type of track that experience and track time pay off. We don’t really have much of a different routine; we just make sure the cars are as good as they can be early because the first laps could be the most important of the night.”

With $5,000 on the line for the Showdown in Sarvertown and history in the making, Hess will certainly have his elbows up and right foot deep into the gas all night long!

Hess drives a family owned Rocket Chassis powered by a Craiger Race Engine. Crew members include 1980/1983 Late Model Track Champion Dave Hess Sr., Jimmy, Mark, Mike and Geoff. 2011 sponsors on Hess’s #44 are Hess Garage & Salvage, Linda’s Notary Service, Plyler Overhead Door, Beacon Lubricants, Jim Brozell Construction, Matt Teribery Flooring, Collision World, Genesis Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Fast Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Kinder Motorsports Media, MWB Graphics &Web Design, Koldrock, VP Race Fuels, Valken Wheels.

The Friday Night’s Showdown in Sarvertown featuring the All Star Late Model Series, will set the stage for the upcoming 5th Annual Firecracker 100 presented GottaRace.com in late June. With 50 laps and $5,000 on the line, a loaded field of Late Model drivers is expected and at just $20 for adult general admission, the bang for your buck is unmatched! Seniors tickets are $18, students (11-17 years old) are just $15 and, as always, kids 10 & under are FREE! Gates open at 5:00, with hot laps set for 7:00, followed by time trials. The DIRTcar Pro Late Models and UMP Modifieds are also on the Showdown in Sarvertown card.

Eric J. Westendorf, Public Relations Director
(724) 664-1075  ewestendorf@dirtcar.com