PDA

View Full Version : rocket rf spring questions

FAH-Q
04-26-2011, 05:30 PM
i was wondering what would happen or what i would need to do if i stiffen the rf spring 25-50 lbs when we get on a rough heavy track to keep the nose from digging in the ground, or in the same case if i would soften it more for slick tracks??? i have all my ride heights wrote down and shock measurements, i was wondering if i could just change springs and set my heights back to where all my numbers where good and i would be mine or not??? thanks for any info

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
If you get the ride heights back, your scale numbers will be the same. Realize that stiffening only the rf spring has altered the handling of your car. You may need to make changes at more corners to keep the car balanced.

FAH-Q
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
what kind of changes??? the car handles great i just need to keep the rf of the nose from digging in the ground, i riased the bumper mounts up 2 inchs on botrh sides.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
You should probably at least stiffen both right side springs.

talclipse
04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Stiffening the RF spring will loosen entry and tighten exit handling. How high is your nose from the ground at ride height?

FAH-Q
04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
it was at standard height i just cut them both off and raised it 2 inch on both sides. hope this fixes it.