PDA

View Full Version : The Lowdown on the Showdown in Sarvertown - Tommy Beck 4.27

Lernerville PR
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.lernerville.com/images/stories/easygallery/resized/4.27%20beck.jpg

The Lowdown on the Showdown in Sarvertown
Asphalt Convert Tommy Beck excited for Showdown in Sarvertown

Sarver, PA (April 27, 2011) Tommy Beck is no stranger to Late Model Racing, no stranger to winning races and no stranger to Lernerville Speedway. He is, however, a stranger to all three aspects combined. But that will not stop him from making a strong showing at the Showdown in Sarvertown featuring the All Star Late Model Series this Friday, April 29 at the Action Track!

Tommy Beck made his Lernerville Speedway debut on Opening Night and was on his way to the front when he was rear-ended by another driver in the frenetic action of the Precise Racing Products DIRTcar Late Model Feature. The contact resulted in a shredded tire, then as Tommy slowed in turns three & four he was plowed into by another driver, effectively ending his night.

Beck and his team learned a lot despite the early exit and are primed for a solid run in the Showdown in Sarvertown this Friday, April 29. Beck stated, “As I'm starting my first season focusing on the dirt late model, races such as the Showdown in Sarvertown are a great opportunity to run for an increased purse and see how I stack-up to some of the best regional teams.”

When asked how his experience on pavement, (where time trials are a regular part of the weekly shows), transfers to Dirt Late Model racing and more specifically this weekend’s All Star Late Model event, Beck commented, “On the asphalt it was a whole different ball game due to the confidence level. I feel our team was at a point that we could compete for the win anywhere we went regardless of the competition on hand. With series such as the All Stars/Outlaws it's a new territory for me and, as I'm still getting my feet wet I, don't really know where I stand on a given night with the remarkable amount of competition in these series.”

He went on to explain, “I'll typically run tires and set up similar to a heat race and try to run the best lap I can. On a multi-groove track with a quality racing surface like Lernerville a good qualifying effort doesn't necessarily guarantee a quality starting spot in the main event. The heat races are just as critical and make a great show for the fans as it's possible to have a poor time trial and still finish up front in the heat.”

And while he’s new to Action Track competition, Tommy literally grew up at the Speedway. “I've been attending races at the track since I was three months old. Until I started running asphalt regularly when I was 15, I spent every Friday night cheering on my grandfather’s late model and playing matchbox cars under the bleachers in turn one. Any win at Lernerville would be big for me, but a race such as the Showdown in Sarvertown would be extra special!”

Beck drives a Rocket Chassis owned by his mother Ginger and powered by a Draime Racing Engine. Crew members include his parents Tom & Ginger, Doug Beck and new crew member Paul Walters. 2011 sponsors include Delmont Instant Oil Change, Diamond Shine Janitorial Services, Stan’s Transmission, Rocket Chassis and Hoosier Tire.

The Friday Night’s Showdown in Sarvertown featuring the All Star Late Model Series, will set the stage for the upcoming 5th Annual Firecracker 100 presented GottaRace.com in late June. With 50 laps and $5,000 on the line, a loaded field of Late Model drivers is expected and at just $20 for adult general admission, the bang for your buck is unmatched! Seniors tickets are $18, students (11-17 years old) are just $15 and, as always, kids 10 & under are FREE! Gates open at 5:00, with hot laps set for 7:00, followed by time trials. The DIRTcar Pro Late Models and UMP Modifieds are also on the Showdown in Sarvertown card.

Eric J. Westendorf, Public Relations Director
(724) 664-1075  ewestendorf@dirtcar.com