PDA

View Full Version : Chassis setup software

supertruck
04-29-2011, 05:46 AM
Anyone had experience with the chassis setup software offered by Performance Trends or any of the other companies? Just wondering if you can get some good info from them by entering your current setup and getting some recommended changes? Also, are they worth having as a tool to calculate your roll center and then make setup changes and see how the roll center is affected? Bob Bolles of Circle Track and Steve Smith Autosports both push the Advanced Chassis Setup software in their books.

84Dave
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
For our Pro-4's, we have used the Bob Bolles (Chassis R&D) software since the first version came onto the market. It works! And his associated book is spot on regarding the necessity to get rid of as much bump-steer & Ackermann as the Rules allow. Before Bolles, we were running high 13's on our home 1/4-mile paved oval...... & winning. After the Bolles books & software 'schooled' us on chassis tuning, we were constantly turning low 13's on the same track. The least expensive place we could find his software & book(s)? Go to www.pitstopusa.com . -Dave-

dannyracer6
05-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I took Dave's advice and bought the Bolles stuff. Devoured it and with a lot of help from my pro4 friends, I went from mid to hi 15s to mid 14s on 1/4 oval. I take everything Dave says as spot on. --Dan

Dirtrunner35
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I have bolles setup program for a dirt car, it has allot of dust on it now. Go here www.auto-ware.com/

supertruck
05-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Thanks guys. I purchased the Advanced Chassis Setup program from Day Motorsports since Bob references it so much in his book. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm looking forward to it. Only complaint is that program does not calculate roll center - for that I need the roll center program, another $99.00. But i'll probably get it because Bob and Steve Smith both talk about how important it is to know where the RC is. and you guys are correct - there's a wealth of info in Bob's book, especially for a one man team like me.

Dirtrunner35
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Ever look at data acquisition to what the car is really doing?

supertruck
05-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Data acquisition is something that's a little out of my league. I'm essentially a one man operation on a limited budget. I spend what I can, but have to rememebr that I do this for fun and not profit. For me, data acquisition is pretty much limited to having a volunteer film the truck through the corner and see if anything stands out!

Dirtrunner35
05-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't have the money either, lol. You can take some seminars there about Data acquisition. You will learn a lot about roll center theory. Go here and ask some questions. http://www.auto-ware.com/autoware-bin/tech.pl

supertruck
05-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Thanks dirtrunner, i'll check out the web site.