PDA

View Full Version : glide help

balljoint_
04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
posted this is the classified section on accident:

Have a internal dd glide I want to switch back to a regular glide for another customer.

It is a unit that required drilling a reverse bleedoff hole (or something familar).

Do I need to plug that hole? If so, what would you recommend?

Still have old valvebody and converter.

Anyone know how to get ahold of Steve "bomber" Adams aka bomber500?

pm me.

Erichofer77
05-04-2011, 11:08 AM
yes you will need to either plug that bleedoff hole or put the old valve body back in.. simple deal.
just go to a hardware store and get a pipe thread plug and thread it accordingly...

ive converted many glide valvebody's in the past.

balljoint_
05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
So with the hole open...I install my old vb and its a normal glide again? hi and low?

usafracer
05-07-2011, 12:33 AM
The bleed hole is in the valve body! When you change the VB you remove the hole.

Also as I stated in the other thread there MIGHT be a plug in the pump to shut off fluid flow to the converter. It all depends on when Steve built the trans and what gear it was built to race in.

If you are not familiar with an auto trans I would suggest you take it to someone that is.

Graff Spee
05-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Make sure it is not a clutchless powerglide. You may only have a first gear. I would have someone who knows about this to check it out. I am assuming its a no converter unit. (direct drive) Most dirt units run the weaker stock 1.82 gear set.