PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions

lovinlatemodels
05-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Last nite are car worked pretty good less the fact that i can't use the brake. If i run the car in and use brake to slow it down before the apex the front comes down and i can't get any side bite when it rotates. When i try not using brake then i have to let out of the throtle early and then i can turn the car in but i'm loosing ground when entering the corner. Maybe i looking for something thats not there but is there a way to get the front end to settle down on corner entry and actually slow the car down and allow the front end to turn in with out having to use the brakes to slow down the car. Just looking for idea's thanks

talclipse
05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Does the car get unstable if you get on the brakes going straight or does it want to turn left? To me it sounds like you may have some issues with your braking system. You may want to look at your calipers to make sure the pistons are not sticking as well as your flexible brake lines to make sure they don't have any collapsed spots in them.

Egoracing
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Check the ballance bar on the pedals. I have seen SEVERAL that when turned all the way to the rear you could turn the rear tires by hand and the fronts were still solid.

gadirtracer
05-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Put some more gear in it and stay off the brake!

lovinlatemodels
05-02-2011, 06:23 AM
gear is not an option already at 8400 rpm. And car stays straight when on the brake but 2 turns to the rear then the rear comes around to fast i'm only running 6 turns to the front from the rear. I will have to check the balance bar adjuster make sure everyting still centered up. Is there anyting in the front end that might help caster, camber change, toe or maybe even bump steer that would help scrub off some speed when the front end settles down.

dualdj1
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
springs, shocks, tires, geometry, all kinds of stuff you can do. need to know more detail about what you're using currently (supposing it's not a problem with your braking system as was mentioned). It's worth investing in brake pressure gauges as well to know for sure how your turns are affecting your brake pressures.

redfred
05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Make sure you have the right compound brake pads on also.. A long fast track you may want harder pads than on a short tight track.