PDA

View Full Version : Need help on gas pedal.....

razorbackrob
05-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Anyone have a suggestion on what type or kind of aftermarket gas pedal works the bets for a mustang mini-stock?

car62
05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
let me guess,you keep pushing so hard on the stock ones that they keep bending to the right?

razorbackrob
05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I wish I had a pedal to bend, Im new at this and bought a car without any kind of pedal setup. So Im looking to buy a aftermarket gas pedal. Also, do they make a Hyd throw out bearing for a mustang mini-stock?

longhornracer
05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
You can make any pedal work. I have always used the stock ones myself to save the ease of fabricating for a aftermarket one. and yes there are alot of hyd throwout bearing setups out there. do you know which transmission you are running?

Dirtman29
05-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I use OEM pedals (per rules) & replaced the throttle cable with 1/4" threaded rod bent to fit. Fits right in the top of the pedal where the cable went, dbl. nut it so it 'catches' when you hit the gas. Do NOT put a nut on both sides of the top of pedal, I learned the hard way it WILL snap!

Headhunter
05-05-2011, 08:16 AM
I ran the stock pedal and used the EFI cable cut down to the right lenght. The long spring on the cable kept the petal from bending and the main reason was to not put extra force on the throttle shaft. After seeing more than one person either break or damage the carburetor from using it as a throttle stop.