PDA

View Full Version : Push?

GRT34
05-04-2011, 08:35 AM
can anybody help me with this i run 6 inchs of stager and a bump stop and i cant seam to get my push out of my car can anybody help me with my 4 bar angels or cross and such thanks>

charcoal01
05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
where is the car pushing? on entry, in the middle, on exit? how much rear trail do you have? what are your springs/bar angles, j bar location. gotta give more info than that.

grt74
05-05-2011, 07:37 PM
make the rr bars a 1/4 longer or the left a 1/4 shorter,im guessing this is on the gas??? thats if the car is good everywhere else,this should help the car rotate around the corner but check your dynamic bar angles before and after they could change some or rf spring softer but you said your on the bump, some ideas but more info will help too

Kevin20ump
05-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Take off the bump stop. It's just a crutch. Tried everything there is to try with a bump and nothing is faster than a conventional spring.

362CID
05-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Sounds to me like the car is laying on the bump so hard its just causing it to push. Get rid of the bump its made for asphalt racing........

F22 RAPTOR
05-08-2011, 02:11 PM
"Bump" and "Coil-binding" can be touchy, harsh and expensive to get balanced. They also are best suited for slick and smooth, NOT so much rough or bumpy surfaces. My advice would be to either go "staged" or "conventional", conventional is easier, but staged has more potential. However if your dead set on, "Doing The Bump" get with a shock builder who is familiar with "Bump" setups and have your shocks tuned for what your trying to do, the landing is very important. As to your push condition, I'm sure FastFord has the info that can help you.

Egoracing
05-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Where is the 5th coil and what spring?

fastford
05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
the bump stop is a good thing once you learn how to use it, f22 has been against it ever since it was first mentioned on this forum, i agree the stacked spring is better on a rough track, but once you learn all the tricks associated with the bump stop, its hard to beat as well, my first experience with the bump stop the car turned in very well using a 250 spring but it instantly had a throttle push, i first discovered i did not have enough travel in my rt front, i increased it to 2" at the shock before it hit the bump, this gave me about 2 1/2 " with bump compressed, this helped a lot, but still a fare amount of throttle push, i like to try and keep my rearend square so i took 50# bite out and moved my left rear lower bar up one hole, after this last change you can almost turn loose of the steering wheel from center off. this may not work for you but if your gone use the bump, maybe it will get you started in the right way.

F22 RAPTOR
05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
the bump stop is a good thing once you learn how to use it, f22 has been against it ever since it was first mentioned on this forum, i agree the stacked spring is better on a rough track, but once you learn all the tricks associated with the bump stop, its hard to beat as well, my first experience with the bump stop the car turned in very well using a 250 spring but it instantly had a throttle push, i first discovered i did not have enough travel in my rt front, i increased it to 2" at the shock before it hit the bump, this gave me about 2 1/2 " with bump compressed, this helped a lot, but still a fare amount of throttle push, i like to try and keep my rearend square so i took 50# bite out and moved my left rear lower bar up one hole, after this last change you can almost turn loose of the steering wheel from center off. this may not work for you but if your gone use the bump, maybe it will get you started in the right way.

I was against ""Bumps" and "Coil Binding" long before it was mentioned on here, LOL. I will say anything can be tuned to function to an acceptable degree, even bumps. However this doesn't make them the best solution for the problem. If you like them and believe they make you faster, then have at it, to each his own. I myself come from a suspension background and don't care for these type solutions, I think they are way to harsh on suspension components and even dangerous, but hey thats just me.
Good Luck. :cool:

fastford
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
you are correct f22, it is to each his own, i agree with a lot you say, however i was trying to help the poster with his problem useing the bump stop, you came on and instantly bashed it, if you didnot want to give info to help his problem you should have not said anything at all, jmo