PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel static weight question

fast14
05-05-2011, 01:06 AM
New to late models and fender cars in general so the scaling game is something I am working on getting right and better at. What effect does having more weight cranked into the left front have on handling on the car? Will it make the car turn easier in the corners and free it up? Do you shoot for the front wheels to weigh the same on a rayburn with an extremely limited engine?

dualdj1
05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
my understanding is you want to keep the front weights as close to even as possible on the rayburns.

joedoozer
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I was going to sit quietly and observe.......but I have never been good at that. I called Warrior during the off season to talk scaling and a few other things. They recommended an 80 to 100 split between the LF and RF. LF being the heavier of the 2. I never did quite get it there. I think we are around 50 pounds lighter on the RF right now. Goes on the scales again this weekend though.

rubbinsracin
05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
i know its probably completely different from 4bar to swing arm but we found that the car is the most balanced when we drastically changed the setup from what we had for this weekend when we set the car up with a very slight split without driver in the car with the LF being heavier and then with the driver in the car obviously it becomes a much bigger split....around 150lbs with the LF heavy.