PDA

View Full Version : Brinn Transmission

ModRacing1124
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Ok, I am switching from a 3 speed tranny to a Brinn. Never ran a direct drive before. I know you have to push the clutch in to get it going. And then when you put in high it is direct drive. I have a few questions. How much do you have to push in the clutch to get it going? What about giving it gas then too? Also what would happen if you pushed the clutch while in high gear? Thanks for any help.

82Motorsports
05-05-2011, 06:33 PM
The pressure you apply to the pedal acts as the pressure plate. Your leg is virtually the pressure plate in other words. You will still have to throttle it or you'll kill the motor. Pushing the clutch in while in high does nothing at all. That's when it becomes "direct drive."

racing12
05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
can you go from high to low while driving at slow speeds like when a caution comes out or something? just curious. I never was sure so i just stop and go into low then to high.

sj valley dave
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM
If you are in high and kick it into neutral now you are just coasting, if you move your lever into low and push down on the clutch you will be engaged in low gear. They do not recommend this as it is very hard on the clutch as they are very small...