PDA

View Full Version : Masterbuilt Info

happyhour
05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Need advice on use of chain on rear end. Got a brand new Smackdown being running the dummy shock with lack forward bite we have made the changes recommended by car builder with no luck, also do you connect the chain to shock mount or other point have heard several different opinions 500rf 450lf or bump stop 175lr 220rr 120lbs bite any advice???

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Chain should go from frame rail to axle tube.

Start with chain stopping travel at 13" between the birdcage and frame when jacking car up under seat.

happyhour
05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
should they not be a mounting bracket to attach the chain and should the bracket and chain be located up and down or 45 etc and how far from the birdcage would you recommend

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
should they not be a mounting bracket to attach the chain and should the bracket and chain be located up and down or 45 etc and how far from the birdcage would you recommend

PPM makes a nice kit for it. Check their website. The angle and whatnot isn't really critical. What matters is if it works consistently and doesn't hang up on anything. Closer to the cage the better.

huntingrip
05-09-2011, 04:57 PM
someone tried to get me to put it on the rocket.. no bar above to mount too..i m now glad i didnt, dont need it..

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
someone tried to get me to put it on the rocket.. no bar above to mount too..i m now glad i didnt, dont need it..

You need something besides the front shock. There needs to be some way to keep the travel consistent when you make bar angle changes.