PDA

View Full Version : Paying subscription fees for website access

t.nie
05-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Would anyone pay a monthly subscription fee to access this website? Or any other?

I see the NY Times is trying this out. I wouldn't pay, just don't think there's enough content anywhere that would be worth paying for, on any website.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Would anyone pay a monthly subscription fee to access this website? Or any other?

I see the NY Times is trying this out. I wouldn't pay, just don't think there's enough content anywhere that would be worth paying for, on any website.

I agree. I do not pay for ANY website access. But I don't pay for tv or radio either.

C4Vette
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
There's waaaaaay too much free competition. Paying for content is ridiculous and I'm sure the Times will find that out.

racenut
05-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Not for this nor any other website. Not as long as there are free information sites out there....
And all it takes is a select few really great sponsors to keep a website going.
I speak from firsthand experience. Those sponsors don't really need extra deep pockets either.
Just a willingness to keep a decent website in operation.
And, racing in particular, there are a number of sites that will send out 'newsletters' for free and some of them actually DO send out newsletters....(not mine however)
Also now with Facebook, you can just friend the tracks/sanctioning bodies/drivers you want to hear from and you can easily be overloaded with information....

CGF
05-10-2011, 10:37 PM
All the banners and info on this site pays for the server . I do pay for a few web only access sites but its worth it yawll.....

ashlim27
05-11-2011, 03:06 AM
hello,i love to go racing!!

roman
05-11-2011, 09:08 AM
No... Never.

p-towne
05-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Local paper you get 15 free peeps a month then they want to charge you. No thanks!!

Racer111
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Nope i wouldnt pay