PDA

View Full Version : shock drop

CHUMBA
05-11-2011, 10:28 PM
What shock mounting drop do most people use? ( the distince measured from middle of axle tube to shock mt on birdage ) left and right side ? do you run same on both sides? just looking for starting point , car is GRT 06. thanks for help!!

CHUMBA
05-15-2011, 10:46 AM
What no body knows? nobody checks? it dosnt matter ? or just that dumb of a question?????

hpmaster
05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
5 1/2" on both right and left old GRT with BSB birdcages, measured from where you asked. Traction shock is 26 1/2" fully extended and distance from upper frame rail to top of axel tube is maxed at 14 3/4" on left. R rear ride heigth is set at 3" above underslung bar and limited to 1 3/4" additional drop by a chain, except under very high traction conditions, then I let go till it touches underslung bar. There that is about all I got.

CHUMBA
05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for help!! I had 7" on left and 6" on right, car tight through middle , Iam changing left back to 6" to see if that helps, we quite running trac shock, wasnt getting foward dr. didnt spend too much time working on it, we were getting beat, so we took it off! anyway thanks for replying.