PDA

View Full Version : How far roll steer (rocket)??

LLOYD-XMAS
05-12-2011, 08:46 AM
How much is to far when you take roll/rear steer out of the car when the track starts getting slick. Is there a point where you go to far and square it up to much and start losing contact to the racetrack??

joedoozer
05-12-2011, 01:42 PM
So many variables that would effect something like this. Tire compounds, grooving, track size, weight of the car, driver preference. The track we run slicks up as the night goes on. I am interested in how this thread progresses.

LLOYD-XMAS
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
We will say with lm40's or 1600's super late model 2350lb range. Standard rocket bar lengths starting off. How many turns or how much can you square it up before you start hurting performance?

jdpower
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the PM!!!! greatly appreciated!!!

7uptruckracer
06-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Can I get the info as well working with a rocket and we had the same questions we had someone try to square the rear end measurement wise, I think now we have decided to go off the book bar lengths and adjust from there but any information helps!

Jim11h
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
i believe rocket has 1 1/2" built in lead but irregardless. we had a throttle push issue in slick or tacky so when spoke with anthony he directed me to take 2 turns out of both RR bars and if it made car better then keep doing till car was where wanted. we ended up with about 6 turns out (shortened) of the RR bars before was happy with handling