PDA

View Full Version : Ponderosa Speedway 2011 rules revision

1fastdirtcar
05-15-2011, 09:15 PM
After discussions with drivers of the Ponderosa Speedway, several of the 2011 rules will be revised.

We will no longer require the winner of the feature to start from the tail of the next feature that they race in. The Drivers expressed displeasure over this rule citing that passing the slower traffic would cause an unnecessary safety problem and create unwanted damage to their cars. We put this rule in thinking that it would create an exciting racing program, to see a great driver coming from the back of the pack to win, but it was extremely unpopular with the drivers. We have reviewed this policy and agree with the drivers and have removed it from our rules.

The next concern was the practice of shuffling the top six drivers in the field by a spectator. Again, we thought that mixing the field of competitors would create an exciting show.
The drivers again felt that a slower vehicle in front of them would become a difficult obstacle to get around and create an unwanted safety hazard. We again agreed that the drivers had a valid concern and decided to eliminate this practice, too.

The third concern that created a concern for our drivers was the payout plan. For 2011, the Ponderosa Speedway payout structure was based on a formula that used the total number of paying spectators to improve the base payout of each weekly event. With the payout not being standard, drivers were cautious to commit to racing at this facility. Again, the rule was in place to benefit the driver by rewarding them for creating a great show and increasing the spectator attendance. Again, it was unpopular with the drivers. We are in the process of revising the standard nightly payout for each division, and will release it soon.
Also all cars participating will qualify two laps.
Beginning on June 24, 2011 the tire rule for the Super Late Model division will return to a hard tire on the rear and an open tire rule on the fronts. Rear tire for the Super Late Models will durometer at 58, same as it was in the beginning of the year.

wolter11racing
05-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Why wait until June 24 to change tire rules?

1fastdirtcar
05-16-2011, 02:23 PM
The next big event will be on June 24 for the supers and this will give the guys time to be prepared and use up all the other tires that they may have purchased. Donnie

jeffro15
05-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Well said , heck ,if the track doesn't improve.............that won't matter. GREAT track ! ! So much history \ potential @ that place. Good luck w\ that.:o

wolter11racing
05-17-2011, 06:36 AM
If you are going to change everything else right away, why not go ahead and change the tire rule now. If you wait until June 24th, this is going to have racers buy more soft tires between now and then. You stated prior to the season starting, that the tire rule would be the same as last year with hard tires on the back and open on the front and the very first night you supposedly listen to some out of town driver saying all he had was soft tires, so you change the rule right then to allow the soft tires, so how is that helping your local racers?

otto9
05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Seems like to me that the drivers are running the race track and that will make one go under in a few weeks

UGROOVE1
05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
The track owner was warned/advised and knew up front the displeasure of the drivers long before any of these rules were implemented at this race facility. Promotoer simply cannot start changing rules from week to week and expect any driver to come race not knowing what they are facing on any particular night. Donnie- this was simply your fault. I know you have good intentions-but you were warned doing these type things would hurt you and guess what? they are not only hurting you- they are "KILLING YOU".The tire rule needs to change when the otheer rules change. Do not wait. This track is currently in a "FUNK" because of the lack of overall direction. Things were fine...........then someone had teh bright idea that these type changes were needed. Obviously they were not!. I hope it gets back to the way it once was because all this publicity in teh negative form is not good for anyone. I do hope Donnie gets things turned around, it is a task that most know nothing about nor want to take on themselves, so i will give teh breaks where deserved. I just hope that Ponderosa listens...!