PDA

View Full Version : Shocks for Honda Civic

andre
05-16-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm looking for a company that make oval racing shocks for a Honda Civic. Shock has to be all steel, non adjustable, welded sealed.
I found some for drag, drift, rally etc, but nothing for stock car that I can find. I wonder what the companies are waiting for, those mini stock classes are becoming pretty popular, that we like it or not.

Koni has some for oval, but they are adjustables, either one way or both ways.

Any help would be appreciate

Thanks

André

Irace93
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
What year Civic? I used KYB Struts they lasted the best just replacements!

Here is an awesome honda tip! use Integra struts! older GSR struts!

get 3 lowering 300LB springs! and a 2000 and newer LR shock from a civic! i kiled the lowering springs from ebay coil over kits they look stock and rate at 300Lbs

on the LR use a 2000 and up short shock! its way short! stuff a tall stock older spring on it!

on the rr use the lowering spring on the stock or oem Replacement shock if its too low raise the perch on the shock body by tapping it it will slide up then tack it in place!

in the front use the 3 300lbs on the Integra KYBs and raise the perches on the shock body using hose clamps to hold them up till you like the Attitude of the car then tack em!

worked for me! i used stock struts till it had it rolling in like I liked it then went to all new and it was a Fast lil car!