PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell Foam

ModRacing1124
05-16-2011, 09:43 PM
What is the best fuel cell foam? Looking for some that wont deteriorate. Also how many would you need for a 32 gal cell. Thanks

C10
05-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Wiffle balls work GREAT! All we ever use !

Graff Spee
05-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Ditto on that one!

usafracer
05-17-2011, 12:58 AM
One hint if you do use wiffle balls take one of them and drill out the hole so your pick-up tube fits in it tight and then weight the ball.

A few years back I had a fuel issue that we though was the filter then moved on to the pump. Pulled all the balls out checked the pick up still could not find a problem. Figured that one of the balls was plugging the pick-up. Put the whole thing back together and have not had a single problem since.

cavemod
05-17-2011, 02:27 AM
i go buy some pvc tube and a big drill like 1"or so and drill like 15 or 20 holes in it and stand them up in the cell and stand as many can fit in the cell works great for rectangle style cells but better off with whiffle or or style hollow ball with holes in it for teardrop the thing is to put enough to reduce wave action but still let flow thru

whrvsc
05-20-2011, 01:22 PM
While both ideas will slowdown the fuel from sloshing side to side in the cell, I think the foam also serves one other important safety purpose. In the event the cell is punctured, it slowdown and limits the flow of fuel from the cell and helps to keep it from spraying out of the cell in fine droplets which are easier to ignite and reduces the chance of a fire.