PDA

View Full Version : Bar Angles?

Hagen14t
05-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I run a 4 bar 4 bar car and my bar angles are 32 on left top 8 on left bottom 19 on right top and about level on right bottom at ride height. The car doesnt seem to have any body roll at all. I was just wondering if these numbers seem correct or what i can do to get more body roll happenin with some more forward bite?

Hagen14t
05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
And one more quick question. i have a straight 4 4 shock on the right rear, if i went to a 3 3, would that help?

washeduptoo
05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
There are several things that can help, how much jbar rake and where is it on the pinion, is it a q/c or 9in rear? Springs and angle of spring inward also play a part. Usually lowering the rrt bar will help it roll over more. Good luck.

Hagen14t
05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Do you think that 32 degrees at ride height for the left rear top rod is too much? When it is fully extended it is about 47 degrees. it is a 9 inch. i have about a 5 inch difference on the j bar with it right below the pinion side.

washeduptoo
05-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I think most limit the lrt bar angle to no more than 45 at full drop. We run about 38 at max, never tried higher. What length rr spring, wt and angle do you have in it? What shock on rr and how far from bottoming out the rf shock? Where are your springs located on the rear, behind lr and in front rr? If your running any ballast, you could move it to the right side and up high, try to keep up within the chassis width.

Didn't see your reply on rr shock, the 3-3 shock should help.