PDA

View Full Version : Jake Jones Racing scores First top 5 of 2011

prodirtcar32
05-19-2011, 03:06 PM
May 19th, 2011

Jake Jones Racing Scores First Top Five of 2011.
To say the year started off slow is an understatement for Jake Jones Racing. The 28 year old from Shermansdale, PA has been fast every time the immaculate yellow & red Lazer chassis has hit the speedway, but part failures have put a damper on the result. That changed on May 7th at Williams Grove Speedway, when Jake brought the Miller’s Racing Parts #43 home with a fine 3rd place finish.

“We have been pretty good all year” said the 2009 Susquehanna Speedway Champion. “Luck was just not on our side. I think the last race showed that we have a good enough car to race up front at Williams Grove. We just kind of needed to re-group and go back over the car. That’s the reason why we decided to sit out the off week without racing elsewhere. I really believe that races can be won in the shop Monday through Friday, so I enlisted a little extra help this past week and went over the whole car from start to finish. I really need to thank Brandon & Scott for the help they provided. I can’t wait to get back on the track this Saturday” added Jones.

“I hope we can get a couple good runs going here, that would allow us to get back up in the point battle. Racing at Williams Grove is tough; you have about 10 cars that can be up front on any given week and I know we can be one of those teams. I wouldn’t be able to do this without the help of my crew, sponsors and family. It’s a whole team effort, from my wife and parents right down to my crew. Everybody gives up a lot of free time to be able to do this on Saturdays, they all support me unconditionally whether I win or finish 20th. You can’t ask for much more than that.

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank all of the sponsors helping out this year:
Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Blazers Auto Body, Bulldog Rear Ends by DMI, Dana Smith Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Insinger Performance Fuels, Jims Garage, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Millers Racing Parts, Steve’s Studebakers & Mike Zortman Photography.

Keep up to date with all official Jake Jones news and results at http://www.jakejonesracing.com look for new apparel coming in 2011.

Upcoming Races:
May 21st – Williams Grove Speedway
May 28th – Williams Grove Speedway
June 4th – Williams Grove Speedway