PDA

View Full Version : Hockey playoffs

t.nie
05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Is it just me or does everyone else have a real hard time paying any attention to hockey playoffs at the start of the summer? I watch it in the winter, but this time of year there is way too much competition for my entertainment time to bother with it. Just doesn't seem right watching hockey when it's getting in the 80s every day.

Fireball22Roberts
05-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm with you. I love the NBA and NHL both, but doesn't it seem a little stupid (okay, a LOT stupid) that Chicago and Miami started their NBA series Sunday, played game 2 Wednesday, and don't play Game 3 until tomorrow? Ridiculous. NHL is just as bad. A seven game series that goes the full distance shouldn't take more than 10 days total, nine would still work with a 2-3-2 format and two days of travel. But they're not smart enough to get it, they think the all-important (and overrated) TV ratings are king.

They are as bad as NASCAR, which I'm about to address in a new post momentarily.

slick01
05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
I can watch hockey 365 days a year. There is nothing like it and there is nothing that can match the Stanley Cup playoffs.