PDA

View Full Version : Jason Jameson wins again at Florence

Gary
05-21-2011, 09:40 PM
WOW! What a great race tonight at Florence Speedway. Jameson comes from the back for the win on the last lap. :D:cool:

Ted's of Beverly Hills
05-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah, Jason won and it was pretty good.

Actually, the race was between Mike Jewell and Jerry Rice. They swapped the lead about five or six times before headed down into turn three and Mike Jewel basically slammed into the side of Jerry to re-take the lead. But, Jerry Rice usually doesn't let stuff like that go, so once he was able to get back to Jewell, Rice returned the favor going into turn one. Rice basically slammed door to door into the side of Jewell..taking both of them out.

Then the race was between The Sniper and Jason J. It was a green white checker re-start. The sniper went in high down into turn one on the white flag lap and the car slid the nose up the track, which gave Jason the inside line. Going into turn three and four, the Sniper made a last minute charge, but it wasn't enough. The victory went to Jason

I was pretty disappointed because I wanted to see some one else win, but it was a great race

The pure stocks ran first and actually put on a really good show. Brandon Gibson wins again..Nothing new there, but good race.

Matt Hamilton took the mod feature by starting on the poll. Weasel Rhodes took a couple of looks to the inside, but never really mounted a challenge. Pete Holt spun out, which was kind of a surprise because he's been running up front so much

and again, we were lucky to see anything as it lightly rained through out most of the features.

Great night of racing as always. The new facility looks great...and I for the first time at Florence Speedway used a credit card to get in the track! lol. Times sure have changed but the racing is as good as ever!

Ted Bell

Gary
05-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Jason won and it was pretty good.

Actually, the race was between Mike Jewell and Jerry Rice. They swapped the lead about five or six times before headed down into turn three and Mike Jewel basically slammed into the side of Jerry to re-take the lead. But, Jerry Rice usually doesn't let stuff like that go, so once he was able to get back to Jewell, Rice returned the favor going into turn one. Rice basically slammed door to door into the side of Jewell..taking both of them out.

Then the race was between The Sniper and Jason J. It was a green white checker re-start. The sniper went in high down into turn one on the white flag lap and the car slid the nose up the track, which gave Jason the inside line. Going into turn three and four, the Sniper made a last minute charge, but it wasn't enough. The victory went to Jason

I was pretty disappointed because I wanted to see some one else win, but it was a great race

The pure stocks ran first and actually put on a really good show. Brandon Gibson wins again..Nothing new there, but good race.

Matt Hamilton took the mod feature by starting on the poll. Weasel Rhodes took a couple of looks to the inside, but never really mounted a challenge. Pete Holt spun out, which was kind of a surprise because he's been running up front so much

and again, we were lucky to see anything as it lightly rained through out most of the features.

Great night of racing as always. The new facility looks great...and I for the first time at Florence Speedway used a credit card to get in the track! lol. Times sure have changed but the racing is as good as ever!

Ted Bell

Great recap! We're Jameson fans so it was a great, exciting night for us. We left half way through the Modified feature because Hamilton's car was great tonight as always. The Mods haven't been the same this year since Corbin's not there to give Hamilton any competition. What driver did you want to win the LM race? I thought almost all of the fans at Florence were Jameson fans...LOL. I'm haven't liked Jerry Rice since he wrecked Brandon Green last year to keep Green from passing him. He got what he deserved tonight.

Ted's of Beverly Hills
05-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Great recap! We're Jameson fans so it was a great, exciting night for us. We left half way through the Modified feature because Hamilton's car was great tonight as always. The Mods haven't been the same this year since Corbin's not there to give Hamilton any competition. What driver did you want to win the LM race? I thought almost all of the fans at Florence were Jameson fans...LOL. I'm haven't liked Jerry Rice since he wrecked Brandon Green last year to keep Green from passing him. He got what he deserved tonight.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with who wins. I would have liked to see someone different. But I'm a fan of all the drivers. I've watched all of them race for so many years that I really can't say I have a favorite. Jason is a great driver and will dominate most of the races this year. I hope he does well at the big shows, but I'd really like to see him get beat on the regular nights just for the sake of good competition and to see someone else get in there. Wayne Chinn is awesome in that Gary Engle car and he just seems to be doing really well this year. I was really hoping to see him have a victory tonight because I don't think he owns a victory at Florence. But, like I said, close side by side racing, few caution flags, and plenty of speed is what I want to see. Florence is my fav track and produces the best action anywhere in the Midwest on Saturday night

Ted Bell

lokwaidid
05-22-2011, 07:12 AM
i think chinn won a spring 50 about 10 years ago or so. i think he came from the back a passed everyone else for the win .