PDA

View Full Version : decreasing left side weight?

big88fan
05-22-2011, 08:01 PM
what effect would taking left side weight from 54.5 down to say 53 percent have on the car overall

jedclampit
05-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Generally...Tighten your entry and loosen your exit......although exit may be tighter if your car hikes up more with less left side weight.

Graff Spee
05-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Depending on your driving style and the track condition, you may want that type of left side for the feature. I would say to segment time, the corner . see witch one is faster. You may get a surprise. But then again you may not. What Jed said is usually correct. But don't rely on what people tell you. Go out and test it! Good luck! I will look for you in the winners circle!!! ;-)

big88fan
05-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Well testing is all we've been doing I got a new blue front rocket over the winter and if I can ever figure a way to get off the corner we will be able to do something but until then I'm just chasing my tail with it I can drive this car incredibly hard in the corner and the car sticks through the middle even in extremely slick conditions but coming off the corner I just can't get it to go its not like it is loose and wants to spin out I just can't get any forward drive just looking for something else to help I've tried about everything you can do with ohlins shocks or bar angle, 5th coil and I just can't seem to get it figured out

Matt49
05-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Based on your description, I would try MORE left side weight. If you are able to drive it in hard and stick it in the center, you have plenty of right side weight and possibly too much. More left side weight will help get the car off the corner. I bet your RR tire is wearing a lot more than your LR. Tire wear tell a big part of the story on weight distribution.
Not sure where you are on rear % but more rear % can also help you off the corner. Just keep adding it until you pick up a push.