PDA

View Full Version : NHRA At Heartland Park Topeka-A Fans Eye View-Video

metroracer#4
05-23-2011, 02:49 AM
After several years away from the drag strip their is always a wake up call when that first Top Fuel Dragster makes a run down the strip, the ground shakes, your insides shakes, and the shear speed amazes the senses.

Will I got to go to Heartland Park Topeka Sunday for the finals of the NHRA event. I tried to give everyone a fans eye view of racing as well as get as many fans thoughts of drag racing from the older regulars to some younger fans just starting their life long love for the sport.

From the financial side that started with the $10.00 to park then $48.00 for general admission, add the travel expenses from K C including the toll on I-70 add another $20.00, ear plugs, $3.00, and a bottle of water $4.00, you can see I was right around $75.00 for the final round of racing. Here's the deal where else within 300 or 400 miles can you see this kind of racing on this scale, after all these are the best in the drag racing.

I was hot, tired, and thoroughly entertained, would I do it again, you bet I would when are the dates for next year. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKXXT8f9dg