PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Hagen14t
05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, im going to take my car off the clamp on the left rear and put it behind on the birdcage. The tracks have been way too rough to keep it clamped up. But last year when i did this, the car didnt seem to have any body roll and the left rear didnt index very far at all. It seems like the shock is almost fully maxed out at ride height, does the shock stop the travel? And what should i do to index the birdcage more to get more forward bite? I would also like to get the car to roll over harder..Any ideas?

washeduptoo
05-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Jack the car up on the chassis in front of the lr tire to see if the shock is limiting travel once you get it swapped over. The b/c needs a clevis type of device to allow movement of the shock heim and slider heim, it might bend them if they can't rotate some.
You can add a wt. jack bolt to a shock mount to lower the shock or you can try a shock extension to see it gets the travel you need, but it can bottom out the shock if car drops hard.
Have you tried to soften the rr spring, shock or move the jbar down on both ends to lower roll center. I think you said you had 7in of rake, IMO that is too much rake, try lowering on frame. Move ballast to right side up high. Drop the rrt bar down on frame will also let car roll over some but it will change the handling of the car.Things to think about.Good luck.