PDA

View Full Version : Golden Isle Speedway Price

joedoozer
05-24-2011, 10:00 AM
This is just too bad.
http://www.goldenislesspeedway.com/

After paying the $850,000, buying the grader, fixing the lights and cleaning the place up. The new owners will be well over the $1,000,000 mark. For a track that might get 200-300 fans for a weekly race. At $10 a head........that just doesn't make any sense.

I hope someone buys it, but it's not looking too good.

Hoosier
05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
This is just too bad.
http://www.goldenislesspeedway.com/

After paying the $850,000, buying the grader, fixing the lights and cleaning the place up. The new owners will be well over the $1,000,000 mark. For a track that might get 200-300 fans for a weekly race. At $10 a head........that just doesn't make any sense.

I hope someone buys it, but it's not looking too good.

You can buy Lanier for $3,000,000, and not worry about a grader

t.nie
05-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Race tracks are worth nothing more than the value of the land they sit on. The grandstands and lights and buildings are worth very little. The business conducted there, racing, is really worth next to nothing as well. It's only as valuable as the person promoting it. One promoter may do a great job and make money at a facility, someone else buys it and their personality and business acumen is so lousy it turns into a ghost town in a matter of months.

The only thing of any value is the land. Anyone can stick up some grandstands, a concession, and carve out a dirt circle on a piece of land. It doesn't add any value at all to the land. So if you are going race track shopping, don't bother even looking at the place, just figure up what the land is worth, because ultimately if you fail that is all you will have that is of any value at all to sell. If you are a great promoter, you can't sell your talent to the next guy either. So basically, the land is all there is to it.

flagone
05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I can assure you that you could not even get close to building the facility that GIS (including the large amount of property) is with $850k. All the property, buildings, kitchen equipment, lighting, pa system, grandstands, fencing, infrastructure (water, sewage, etc.) it could not be done. GIS has multiple camp sites with hook-ups also. There is a lot to offer on that property. That huge lot beside the track has TONS of commercial use potential in a better economy.

Yes sir, if I WAS racetrack shopping this would be on my short list.

joedoozer
05-26-2011, 08:58 AM
I like the track. Fun place to race and always puts on great shows. I think they had something going with the WayX partnership. I really hope someone does buy it for what it is, and gets it going again. I just don't see that happening. I hope I am wrong.