PDA

View Full Version : Record crowd mrp! Conley wins!

ADRA PR
05-25-2011, 09:50 AM
RECORD CROWD AT MRP AS HOT ROD CONLEY WINS ADRA SEASON OPENER!!!

APPLE GROVE, WV. May 23, 2011~ A record crowd packed Moler Raceway Park in Williamsburg, OH. Friday night as “Hot Rod” Rod Conley hangs on for the win in the ADRA Dirt Late Model Championship Series “Freedom Fighters 40” presented by Suddenlink 2011 debut! (www.suddenlink.com). With this victory Rod Conley becomes the first ADRA Champion crowned in 2011!

Rains set in for most of the week and the MRP crew was forced to perform the impossible with a saturated track and facility. Race Director, Mike Jewel’s, (who ran Southern Ohio Speedway 1986-92) team came through with flying colors! The weather was much improved by race time and the fans enjoyed a very pleasant evening of great racing on a super smooth track. (www.adraracing.net)

“We were concerned the track was going to rut out as it has in the past with all the rain we’ve had,” explained Kevin Moler. “Our equipment was sinking in pretty bad when we started working the track but we kept working and it finally started smoothing out.” (www.molerracewaypark.com)

Smooth sailing it was as Parkersburg, WV’s young gun known as “The Kamikaze Kid”, 20 year old Tyler Carpenter, set fast time in a borrowed car he had never raced before. Tyler, driving the #8 Tru-tech car but usually drives the #28 Rocket, is the son of ”Fast Freddie” Carpenter who was featured in Dirt Late Model Magazine recently. Carpenter would go onto win his heat and eventually finish 2nd in the feature.

“I was going for the win,” explained Carpenter, “but I couldn’t quite get by. Catching Rod Conley and passing him are 2 different things. I gave it all I had though. I didn’t leave anything on the table: Awesome track!”

Rod Conley in the #71R Rocket also won his heat race and by luck of the heat race winner redraw started on the pole of the “4th Annual Freedom Fighters 40” as he went on to run 40 perfect laps. With the young Carpenter in tow Conley preceded to put on a clinic in how to maintain a cool head under fire. Conley’s performance was flawless.

“I knew he (Carpenter) was back there and a few times he bumped me pretty hard,” stated Conley,” My car was pretty good though and I really liked the track. It was my kind of night. I had a lot of fun out there tonight.”

The “Salt Rock Express” Eddie Carrier Jr. would find his way up to the 3rd position in the fan favorite #28 Rocket. The #7 Mastersbilt of Kent Robinson, (K-Rob) and the #49 Mastersbilt of the “Wild Thang” Greg Johnson would battle Eddie Carrier all night for 3rd. All 3 had at least one go at 2nd place Tyler Carpenter. At one point the #7 had taken 2nd and Carpenter fought back to retake the spot.

Josh McGuire (J Mac) in the #41 Rayburn would have problems in the heat race and be forced to make the field through the consys where he came from the back to grab one of the top 4 transfer spots. Oil pressure woes would cause McGuire to pull off early in the feature.

“It was a great 1st night,” stated series coordinator, Rocky Estep. “We had a great field of cars and a record crowd. We did have one unfortunate learning incident for the series where a driver was not wearing his Raceceiver and didn’t hear the tower trying to tell him his transponder wasn’t working, but other than that things went pretty well. This was my first trip to Moler Raceway Park and I was very impressed with how well the Moler crew runs the show. They do a great job of keeping things moving. The Late Model show was done by 10:30 PM. We are looking forward to our next race here in September.” (www.adraracing.net.com)

The Double H Racing Fabrications Middle Man Award goes to the #33B of John Whitney out of Middletown, OH. The Middle Man Award goes to the driver that finishes in the middle of the pack. Whitney will receive a 50% off certificate towards the purchase of a new bumper from Doug Smith at Double H. (www.dougsmithmotorsports45.com)

The ADRA Hard Charger award goes to Chad Stapleton in the #32 out of Edinburg, IN. Chad started 19th after racing his way in through the first consy and finished 9th. Chad will receive a coupon for one entry fee redeemable at any ADRA event in 2011.

The Racers In Christ Ministry also had a victorious night as they were able to lead a young man to the Lord. The Racers In Christ Ministry (RIC) is the “Official Ministry of the ADRA” and travels to our local tracks bringing the good news of the gospel. They also attend local church functions and other community activities. To learn more about RIC or invite them to your next function go to www.racersinchrist.com.

To see video footage of the Freedom Fighters 40 and many other events go to the Dirt Racing Connection website. www.thedrc.net. The ADRA Late Model’s next scheduled event will be at Lucky 7 Speedway in Whitesburg, KY on June 17th. Details for that event will be posted on the ADRA website. (www.adraracing.net). Josh Baker, Lucky 7 promoter, has switched from Saturday to Friday nights and some details are still being worked out. The tracks website is under construction and will be announced as soon as it is available.

“WE MAKE DIRT FLY!”
Suddenlink, American Race Tires, Killer Chassis, Dave Poske’s Performance Parts, Hoosier Racing Tires, Pro Star Designs, Racers In Christ Ministries, Dominator Race Products, Wrisco Aluminum, GCP Engines, PBM Performance Parts, Erson Cams, GTS Graphix, Sunoco Fuel, AFCO Shocks, Double H Racing Fabrications, Swartz Chassis, Revelution Chassis, Sellmycow.com, and the Beacon Newspaper.

ADRA Late Models 4th Annual Freedom Fighters 40
presented by
Suddenlink (www.suddenlink.com)

Entries: 30
Fast Time: #8 Tyler Carpenter 14.316

1. 71R-Rod Conley-1st ADRA Event Champion
2. 8-Tyler Carpenter-Fast Time
3. 28-Eddie Carrier, Jr.
4. 49-Greg Johnson
5. 7R-Kent Robinson
6. 88-Victor Lee
7. 15-Wayne Chinn
8. 12-Jason Jameson
9. 32-Chad Stapleton-ADRA Hard Charger started 19th!
10. 33B-John Whitney-Double H Racing Fabrications Middle Man Award
11. 24C-Rick Combs
12. 18-Ethan Burgess
13. 17-Dillon Huron
14. 23-Duane Chamberlin
15. 11-Billy Gullion
16. 525-Mike Cawood
17. 13W-David Webb-Flat tire
18. KC44-KC Burdette-Flat tire
19. 41-Josh McGuire- Oil Pressure
20. 7-Barry Doss-Flat tire
For complete results go to www.adraracing.net.

Gary
05-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I just hope that the ADRA Dirt Late Model Championship Series never comes to Florence Speedway. The race at Moler on Friday night was the worst dirt track race that I've ever seen. Racing like that is the reason that I almost never watch a Nascar race anymore. If you've read the post here about the event, you would know that there were a lot of disappointed fans (including myself) at the follow-the-leader, no passing event.

lazermod3
05-26-2011, 08:41 AM
I just hope that the ADRA Dirt Late Model Championship Series never comes to Florence Speedway. The race at Moler on Friday night was the worst dirt track race that I've ever seen. Racing like that is the reason that I almost never watch a Nascar race anymore. If you've read the post here about the event, you would know that there were a lot of disappointed fans (including myself) at the follow-the-leader, no passing event.Gary,you are 100% correct the racing was pathetic,to say the least.Be that as it may,Florence would never have this association affilated with their track.

How did you like that press release?This is just another example of someone telling the person that is writing the story here's what to say.(PART TRUTH,PART LIES,MOSTLY LIES!)