PDA

View Full Version : Factory setup for crates YES or NO

Lazer-10
05-27-2011, 09:36 AM
We have an 99 GRT should we stick to fractory specs for setup as far as shocks- springs-Bite-ride heights etc. As I beleive these settings were determainded for a 700 hp motor not 400 do we need to change anything due to the lack of HP.
THAANK YOU

Matt49
05-27-2011, 11:28 AM
You'll probably need to do some things to free the car up. Especially if you are running a 12" spoiler as many crates do.

sj valley dave
06-03-2011, 07:15 PM
We have a 1999 GRT that has been updated to where we run competitively with new chassis's in the Super DLM's in CA...If you ever want to pick our brain, just PM me...

mqdirtracer57
06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
I have a 2008 GRT...I used almost all of the base settings that GRT suggest in their book.(except for shock valving) The only thing I did differently is added a little caster to the front end settings and decreased the amount of bite suggested. I found it was a good starting point for me.I then adjust the car to track conditions with shock valving and bite.Haven't tried a twelve inch spoiler yet,felt like it would be a parachute on my ride.PM me if you want and I can be more specific on shocks and adjustments.