PDA

View Full Version : that's my story.... BRIAN PRITCHARD's BIG RED MACHINE TOPS CLEVELAND LATE MODEL's

Steve Hixson
05-29-2011, 01:16 AM
BRIAN PRITCHARD's BIG RED MACHINE TOPS CLEVELAND LATE MODEL's

story by: Steve Hixson

Cleveland, Tenn (05/28/11) – Mild-mannered Hamilton Co. School Bus Driver Brian Pritchard of Harrison, Tennessee unleashed his Big Red Machine at the Cleveland Speedway and won the 30 lap Late Model "A" Main feature Saturday night. The dominating performance started from the cat-birds seat, along side Fast Qualifier and fellow Front Row Joe starter Todd Morrow and seemed set to go non-stop until a late race caution bunched the field for a 5-lap dash to the checkers. The #3 "Ron's Car Wash, George Shaw Racing, UPS Store of Dalton, Steven Hogan Fabrication, Spangler Sheet Metal" sponsored GRT GM Performance 604 Hendren powered machine didn't have an easy go in making the trip to the KC Graphics Victory Lane. Morrow pressured Pritchard the entire event til he spun in turn two, while attempting to make the winning pass, on the Pritchard Racing machine in traffic with 5 laps remaining. The win is the first of the season for Pritchard who's daughter (Meagan) was honored last week, on the track, for graduation high school ceremony.

I couldn't do this without my band of Hogan's Heros (Bud, Benny, Steven, Scotty and J.C.)..." stated Pritchard after the race. Dustin and Josh along with my wife (Shelly) of almost 25 years, really make this a family effort more than just another raceteam." Pritchard ran in the nights 1st Crate LM feature, that was delayed a week due to track conditions during the S.A.S event to finish fourth. Earning the $900 payday just ahead of Lil' John Owenby and neighbor/former ICE BOWL Champion Bobby Mayse gives a nice set of braggin rights also as LM's take a week off due to the upcoming LUCAS OIL series Super Late Model race coming up this Thursday night. Mayse was followed by rookies Brandon Armitage and Tanner Works. In the pair of Crate LM features Brad Coffey of Maryville, TN was the winner. Michael Courtney and Jimmy Elliott split the pair of Pony features. "Peebo" Glen Seaton III and Robby Greene won the pair of Limited features, while Tom Gilbert and Tommy Hughes split the FWD races. Jason Brown won the nights Hobby feature. With racing scheduled for this Thursday night, next Saturday will be dormant at the Cleveland Speedway.

Cleveland (TN) Speedway
Saturday, May 28, 2011

Late Model: Official Finish
1. Brian Pritchard (# 3) of Harrison, TN
2. John Owenby (# J39) of Cleveland, TN
3. Bobby Mayse (# 22) of Harrison, TN
4. Brandon Armitage (# 51) of Chattanooga, TN
5. Tanner Works (# T35) of Cleveland, TN
6. Dustin Cansler (# 18) of Cleveland, TN
7. Todd Morrow (# A19) of East Ridge, TN
8. Jarrett Choate (# 31) of Ooltewah, TN
9. Brian Jackson (# B4) of Chatsworth, GA
10. Matt Stewart (# B5) of Ooltewah, TN
11. Bobby Doss (# 28) of Cleveland, TN
12. Ricky Lewis (# 14) of Cleveland, TN
13. Johnny Parris (# 1) of Blue Ridge, GA

stevo
05-29-2011, 08:52 AM
sO IN THE LATE MODEL YOU CAN RUN THE ALU HEAD CRATE MOTOR ?

dirtyboy3
05-29-2011, 09:41 AM
All of us at Pritchard/Shaw racing would like to thank all of our fans, family, friends, and sponsor's for all of the support. It was a good night of racing, and hopefully there will be more wins to come this season.

GRT32
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
way to go BP

99plummer
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Where are the rest of the Limited late models . Cleveland usually has a full field of limited lates . I guess 13 is not to bad with gas prices being the way they are.

stevo
05-29-2011, 01:03 PM
i THINK THE 3 CAR WON LATE MODEL LIMITED WAS THE NEXT CLASS DOWN