PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 axles swap

Everfaster
05-30-2011, 12:06 AM
I want to swap the 4 lug axles for the 5 lug.. can i just pull 2 from a ranger and put them in with all the brake hardware?? seems to me the ranger rear is off set so i need to find 2 rear ends to take parts from. will this work... want to run 5 lug 15 inch wheels.

Thanks
Everfaster

boportt
05-30-2011, 07:51 AM
y dont u get a 94+ stang rear? them bolt in and gots 5 bolt weels

dannyracer6
05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Your 7.5 rear end is a C clip style axle, and I assume you have a fox mustang. Not a Mustang 2 with the 8". Your axles will be a long and a short one, or as you posted, offset. You need to measure your axles and be sure they are the same length, and are c clip style. Your best bet is to just get 4 lug 15" wheels. Day Motorsports has them in 2, 3, and 4" backspace. They are not that expensive and they are nice. I have done that and it saves chasing axles in salvage yards.

Everfaster
06-01-2011, 07:00 AM
thanks DR6 i will look up day motorsports and give it a shot... this would be best then i can change tracks (tire rules) just by changing wheels instead of rotors and axles every time.
everfaster

car62
06-01-2011, 10:15 AM
actually Danny,on the Mustang 7.5 the axles are same length left and right.

dannyracer6
06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Your right Eric, on my 8 they are long and short. I did not know for sure what he had, but it is easier since he is changing track tires, that he just change wheels. I did that on my mod that Pat bought and then just went back to the 4 lug 13s later. Hey how you guys doing up there. Looks like pat is doing pretty well learning on the big springs against the coil overs. I think if he leaves it alone and works with it, he will be ok.

TOTALAWSUM7
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
(2) Ranger DRIVERS side axles , brake drums....walaaaaaa....5lug 7.5!

car62
06-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Danny,car got tore up a bit at last race,bent axle,bent driveline,smashed fuel line,bent rear leaf springs(upon impact the rearend got snapped to the left)..but he is getting a handle on it,they resprung the front from what you had in it down to 150lb springs. the class is still new and have only ran 2 or 3 races,but he did set fast time last race,won the dash,and i think the heat race as well...was in the progress of taking over the lead in the opening laps when he got wrecked.

dannyracer6
06-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Too bad, sounds like that is the hardest hit the car has ever had in all my 5 yrs of running it. Hope he can get it back to working again. Springs are something each guy has to figure out for himself.