PDA

View Full Version : Rome May 29th

RacedudeGa
05-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Here is one idiots report about his trip to Rome Sunday night. I'm sure Mickey wont cry because he's not there next race. Rome usually has some of the fastest & best racing in the Southeast so i'm willing to give them a break every now & then. I sure hope he doesnt officially represent North Ga Speedway because it's not good to throw stones when u live in a glass house....the only kind of Dr i can see here is a Dr of BS...

http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/

drflavio309
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
No I dont represent anything..... not NGS and what I wrote was my opinion and I wrote about what I saw... the tracks sucked, ruts you could hide a hauler in.... a dip going into 3 that the ponys had to downshift to drive up out of... it was a poorly run show... no drivers meeting.... and how many drivers were there? I am sure all of them knew where things were at and what was expected of them... thats why the infield where they stage the cars was such a mass confusion.... cause everyone knew where they were supposed to go... you like rome fine..... spend your money there... I personally wont go back... and that is my opinion..
NGS is, in MY OPINION 10 times the track as Rome will ever be, Rome could really use some tender loving care.. then it may be pretty fast .... but this past weekend that wasn't the case.
the d.

Cash
05-31-2011, 10:42 PM
I dont like using the term idiot, but yes, only an idiot would judge a track by one outing. Especially the best dirt track in the south on a consistant basis. Rome has consistantly delivered the best racing ive seen over the last 5-6 years. period, bar none.

I like going to NGS but the late model show i saw there earlier this spring was the worst dud Ive seen at any track in about 3-4 years. Am I a big enough idiot to forget all the good shows Ive seen at NGS and not go back? Not quite LOL. Ill be back for more good shows at NGS I hope.

If any Super Late Model fan marks Rome off his list its for sure his loss at not seeing the absolute best racing in the southeast over the last few years.

Superman_Racing
06-01-2011, 07:13 AM
I have to agree with Cash Rome is an awesome track. I have been to NGS many more times than I have Rome and I like NGS and have seen some good races there but the racing I've seen at NGS has never even been close the racing I have seen at Rome. This is just MY opinion but the two tracks are not even close, Rome is by far the better track if not the best track around this area of the south.

You cant judge a track by just one race I went to Tazewell last year for the first time and I dont know if I saw a pass that whole race but I know that place is fast and has had some great races from what I've heard so I hope to definetly make it back up there one day in the future.

B_K
06-01-2011, 08:33 AM
I have to agree with Cash Rome is an awesome track. I have been to NGS many more times than I have Rome and I like NGS and have seen some good races there but the racing I've seen at NGS has never even been close the racing I have seen at Rome. This is just MY opinion but the two tracks are not even close, Rome is by far the better track if not the best track around this area of the south.

You cant judge a track by just one race I went to Tazewell last year for the first time and I dont know if I saw a pass that whole race but I know that place is fast and has had some great races from what I've heard so I hope to definetly make it back up there one day in the future.

They actually strike me as being fairly alike. NGS has always raced like a small Rome to me. I love them both, and neither one is close to being ten times better than the other. When they're right, both are better than most.

Blogs.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RACE DIRECTOR11
06-01-2011, 09:06 AM
rome was rough sunday night and we are very sorry to all race fans about that .g date.no promoter wants a track to dusty or to rough all they can do is try there best.micky was back at rome monday morning working on it again trying to fix it .i know he will get it fixed before the next race on june19th.again we are sorry for the rough track.people that bad mouth track has never tryed to fix one dont bad mouth it try to help.in this day and time all tracks need all the help they can get.wish all the dirt tracks the best of luck this season.

Brewer22II
06-01-2011, 11:48 AM
My husband hit a rut hard enough to bend a lower a-frame in LLM, but we'd gladly pay the price of that for the smile that was on his face when he pulled in. The track was very "race-able" and fast regardless. I can't speak for all racers, but I know we would rather have a tacky rough track vs. a dry slick smooth one. Dixie/Rome officials aren't great communicators, I'll admit that, but speak to any regular driver and they would be happy to steer you in the right direction. I haven't met any that bite yet :o

CDGinDixie
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
The track had two monster ruts there was 1 going into turn 3 and 1 going into turn 1. The track was still fast but I did expect more. Cant wait till the 19th.

99plummer
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
I have been going to Rome Speedway and North Ga speedway for years..I have seen more bad shows at North Ga in the past three years then I have ever seen at ROME. I love both tracks , But Rome Is the best track in the south more times then not...I feel for someone who will write off a track for one visit. If I had ever done that I would have never gone back to about twenty tracks.

CarolinaDirt
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Few tracks IMO are MUST see tracks , although Atomic speedway was 2 hrs away I would gladly drive 12 hrs just to watch a race there the place was magic . Rome is another one of those MUST see places , don't judge it by one bad race when its right ..... its right . Bad fast little racetrack , they all have bad shows from time to time , but its a special place .

skinnyracer39
06-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I have been going to Rome Speedway and North Ga speedway for years..I have seen more bad shows at North Ga in the past three years then I have ever seen at ROME. I love both tracks , But Rome Is the best track in the south more times then not...I feel for someone who will write off a track for one visit. If I had ever done that I would have never gone back to about twenty tracks.

what about your other favorite track CLEVELAND no bad ones at it ?

IceCowart
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM
No I dont represent anything..... not NGS and what I wrote was my opinion and I wrote about what I saw... the tracks sucked, ruts you could hide a hauler in.... a dip going into 3 that the ponys had to downshift to drive up out of... it was a poorly run show... no drivers meeting.... and how many drivers were there? I am sure all of them knew where things were at and what was expected of them... thats why the infield where they stage the cars was such a mass confusion.... cause everyone knew where they were supposed to go... you like rome fine..... spend your money there... I personally wont go back... and that is my opinion..
NGS is, in MY OPINION 10 times the track as Rome will ever be, Rome could really use some tender loving care.. then it may be pretty fast .... but this past weekend that wasn't the case.
the d. Hate to brake it to u with it being rough with the new clay still the best track in the south BOTTOM line! Fast is ROME!!!!!!!! It make you look like you dont have a clue when you cut the best track in the south down for 1 bad race. And it was not as bad as some of the races I have been to this year.

CarolinaDirt
06-02-2011, 06:09 AM
what about your other favorite track CLEVELAND no bad ones at it ?

Let's cut down every track that's not NGA , and praise its glory . Then were gonna scratch our heads at why the pits are full and there are no butts in the seats . NGA is a good track but if it was the end all b all some of you made it out to be it wouldn't have problems staying open . So by all means bash Cleveland , bash Rome , bash Boyd's too . Then we will read again in a few months that you can't figure out why you don't have fans in the seats .

JLS65
06-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Guys! Just so ya know, The guy who wrote this "Opinion" piece DOES NOT work for North Georgia Speedway. The new promoter is not very happy about all this as he himself is a fan of Rome having raced there many times himself.

99plummer
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Few tracks IMO are MUST see tracks , although Atomic speedway was 2 hrs away I would gladly drive 12 hrs just to watch a race there the place was magic . Rome is another one of those MUST see places , don't judge it by one bad race when its right ..... its right . Bad fast little racetrack , they all have bad shows from time to time , but its a special place .

ATOMIC SPEEDWAY was Magic.....

rthacker4rj5
06-02-2011, 11:42 AM
boyds, rome, dixie, n ga......all great tracks. im glad i never said i wasnt going back because of one bad race. those four tracks put on some of the best racing in the country. if you dont give em another try, your not a dirt track enthusiest anyway, and what are you doing on here? the only track that really really bothers me, is cleveland, with the chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo. guess what? im going back there tonight. hopefully there will be enough horsepower and advanced setups to overcome the one lane train. your gonna have some bad races....your gonna have some really bad races. its time after time of bad track conditions when you get the red a$$. one time, let alone ROME....is just showing your how much you really know. if its a one lane show tonight at cleveland, i might give it up. but this is not on ONE visit. the last four i've been to have been that way. go back to rome and give em another try. i PROMISE it will suprise you. they've got new dirt with extreme heat for this time of year. its gonna be different for the guys that prepare the track. if you dont go back....i dont wanna see anymore posting.

gravett1
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
It's dirt it can't be perfct all the time I help prep the track at Boyd's , this heat is a nightmare on a race track.

Superman_Racing
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
boyds, rome, dixie, n ga......all great tracks. im glad i never said i wasnt going back because of one bad race. those four tracks put on some of the best racing in the country. if you dont give em another try, your not a dirt track enthusiest anyway, and what are you doing on here? the only track that really really bothers me, is cleveland, with the chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo. guess what? im going back there tonight. hopefully there will be enough horsepower and advanced setups to overcome the one lane train. your gonna have some bad races....your gonna have some really bad races. its time after time of bad track conditions when you get the red a$$. one time, let alone ROME....is just showing your how much you really know. if its a one lane show tonight at cleveland, i might give it up. but this is not on ONE visit. the last four i've been to have been that way. go back to rome and give em another try. i PROMISE it will suprise you. they've got new dirt with extreme heat for this time of year. its gonna be different for the guys that prepare the track. if you dont go back....i dont wanna see anymore posting.

I'm glad your going back for more at cleveland, out of all the tracks I've been to in the surrounding area I can honestly say over time I have seen more exciting races at Cleveland than any other track Ive been to. I have never been to boyds and I hope to make it over there sometime but I have been plenty of times to Tri-County, N.Ga, Dixie, Cleveland,Sugar Creek, Toccoa, and Im sure a few more that I have made more than just a casual visit to. There are many tracks such as Rome, Atomic, Tazewell, Lowes, etc. that I have only been to a handful of times. But all of these tracks I mentioned have and have had great races at their facilities but from personal experiences I have seen more exciting races at Cleveland than any of them over time and a few that were quite memorable.

CarolinaDirt
06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
There are certain shows I avoid and this is one of them . The worse race I saw was the Lucas oil choo choo at NGA . However the worse race I saw at Cleveland was a Lucas oil race , the same for my first trip to the Taz . This series seems to prefer blacked over surfaces , I wouldn't expect much tonight and I'm smart enough to not fault Cleveland for it either .

rthacker4rj5
06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
im going with full intentions of seeing fast cars. anything else is a plus. i know with these thoughts in mind, i wont be disappointed. i do think if they take some banking out, it would make for some better racing. jmo. three years ago we all said when they took the banking out of boyds, it was gonna be terrible....we were dead wrong. i have seen three wide racing all year. in every class at that. hope you get to boyds on a good night. i am biased towards boyds, but just like every other track, it can have a bad night also. but for the most part, very good racing.

dbl0spy
06-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Rome did suck Sunday !! I went a couple times last year and guess what it sucked then too! I've seen some great races at Rome but that was in the early to mid nineties, I undersatnd the new clay was a problem but the bottom line is they don't race there enough for the track to be predictable I hate to say it but Dixie has had the best racing for the last couple years, Another thing is that they need to make it when they swing the gates at Rome have a Special event like Sas,NeSmith or that sportsman class that papermen helps with jmo ! thats the way it was when Rome started goin with a limited schedule there was always a Granger Select 50 when you went to Rome!! But that was the good ole days when racers were racers !!

skinnyracer39
06-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Let's cut down every track that's not NGA , and praise its glory . Then were gonna scratch our heads at why the pits are full and there are no butts in the seats . NGA is a good track but if it was the end all b all some of you made it out to be it wouldn't have problems staying open . So by all means bash Cleveland , bash Rome , bash Boyd's too . Then we will read again in a few months that you can't figure out why you don't have fans in the seats .

i`m not bashing just stirring the pot a little !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDGinDixie
06-03-2011, 06:58 AM
The econo race was pretty sick. But the track was terrible I changed so many flats! The 19th will be so much better I know it.

leftturn7m
06-03-2011, 08:00 AM
In my opinion, all race tracks will have off nights. Especially shorter, high-banked clay tracks. Horsepower and sticky tires play havoc on sticky clay. With that said, I love a track with multiple grooves where cars can run and pass everywhere. That can't happen everywhere, every night. Some of the most exciting races are the ones where there is one groove and you have to stick your nose in or move someone to pass. Being in this area, I'm sure many would agree that the races at Bristol are not nearly as exciting now that they've put progressive banking in place as they were when it was just the bottom. I attended many races at Bristol before the change and just a couple since because it is just not as exciting anymore. Long story short, everyone has things they like and dislike about tracks. I live closest to Cleveland so I go there the most. They have been very rough and sketchy on prep since Joe Lee has been gone, NGS is a great track but it's not a great place to watch a race due to the stands and lighting. Boyd's has turned into a great track IMO with all of the updates they have done. Rome is great also. Let's just keep supporting dirt track racing so it doesn't go away from the area.

JJinGA
06-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Rome and North GA are my 2 favorite tracks. Not to come back to Rome because of a bad race every now and then is crazy. Yes, the track was coming a part and 2 out of 3 of my favs didnt finish their race (3rd didnt even start), but you dont hear me complaining. Bad track and all, there was still passing going on. Other than maybe Costa Rica, I cant think of anywhere else I had rather be than at a dirt race on a Memorial Day (good or bad). Cant wait til the 19th. :cool:

RacedudeGa
06-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey Dr Flavio ... Karma sure is a Bitch isnt it?...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why have you been so quite this week?:confused:

From what i have read and heard from some people who were there N Ga had a pretty rough nite. Glad to hear that the new promoter stuck it out and worked to make things better. Guess you could call it a "baptism by fire" kind of nite. ;)

sclantonfan
06-08-2011, 01:24 PM
all i know is that both rome and n. ga. are great tracks. Boyds is amazing too. both n. ga. and boyds wouldnt be able to operate without Outlaw though and this past weekend at n. ga. goes to show it. everything was hectic and mayhem with him being gone.

drflavio309
06-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey Dr Flavio ... Karma sure is a Bitch isnt it?...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why have you been so quite this week?:confused:

From what i have read and heard from some people who were there N Ga had a pretty rough nite. Glad to hear that the new promoter stuck it out and worked to make things better. Guess you could call it a "baptism by fire" kind of nite. ;)

I said I was thru with this thread, but for you racedudeGa I will make one last comment, I tried to tell you once before I was not bashing rome I simply posted what I saw, like I did on NGS the blog should be up tonight on luvracin.com http://www.luvracin.com/03_writers/0_Top_of_the_box_L.htm I know Rome has tons of fans and lots of people like it, I don't, sorry,.
and yeah NGS had a rough night last Saturday BUT, the track worked all night to make it better and even delayed the show to make the track the best it could be, so I tip my hat to them...and as for me being quiet... well I am not the one who started this thread, I seldom come to 4m much anymore, and I have been working 14 hours a day.... don't leave much time for anything else....
thanks for asking though....lol
CYA@THERACES

the dr.