PDA

View Full Version : Integra's traction shock

CHRISTINE
06-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Is it worth the money? I race on a high banked dry 3/8 mile track and need a lil more drive off.

Darkstar15
06-02-2011, 08:28 AM
What do you have on LR for shock now, 6/3 7/2 gas or non gas? Have you tried a gear change so you can control wheel spin? Are the secondaries on you're carb progressive or 1to1? Is the car having trouble getting and staying on bars in the slick?
The traction shock for us keeps the car on the bars better since these cars need bar angle for drive also does not slam down at end of straight and upset car. We run this shock all the time and make changes to free car up if need be. Do you have a chain on LR to keep bar angles from being excessive and to save shock.

John

CHRISTINE
06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I have a genesis 8-2 with 120 psi now.
not yet.
whatever comes on a willys.
having a hard time gitting it up (lol) right throw the middle.
and im not the best trail braker so i thought the high pressure shock could help me out.
i do have a chain and it is set with about 4 1/2 drop that gives me 45* on my top left bar at full ext.

What do you have on LR for shock now, 6/3 7/2 gas or non gas? Have you tried a gear change so you can control wheel spin? Are the secondaries on you're carb progressive or 1to1? Is the car having trouble getting and staying on bars in the slick?
The traction shock for us keeps the car on the bars better since these cars need bar angle for drive also does not slam down at end of straight and upset car. We run this shock all the time and make changes to free car up if need be. Do you have a chain on LR to keep bar angles from being excessive and to save shock.

John

#37racer
06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I have been running the traction shock for the last 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I like it or not. It is so stiff that it seems like its limiting the left rear from coming forward, the left rear is always jacked up though, even down the straights. I'm going to put on a 7-2 shock and run it for a race and see if it makes that big a difference. Also if you put this shock on, you might want to unhook the shock when weighing the car, otherwise your bite will never be consistant.

Darkstar15
06-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Would think the 8/2 you have now would work. Have you talked to Genesis about changing pressure? Can you talk to chassis builder? If you have alot of motor, it is hard to hook up a mod. That is why I asked about gear change and or carb change. We had or have the same problem as you and have done everything Shaw has said and the car is much better. Finally we changed gear and got a progressive linkage piece from Braswell and that really helped. Even thought about unhooking secondaries to see if that would help. And yes, unhook shock before scaling. We undo all of them.

John