PDA

View Full Version : j bar on the frame

huntingrip
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
asking for someone; if you are at 10 1/2 inches on the frame, and bottom hole on the pinion, would you raise it more, or try something different? be blunt..

Graff Spee
06-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Never been in the bottom hole on the pinion. I usually run just above the pinion. On the frame side I would start at about 7 inches up from the pinnion end.

talclipse
06-01-2011, 08:35 PM
That seems like a tremendous amount of Jbar rake to me.... remember as you increase Jbar angle for side bite you are taking away forward bite.

hpmaster
06-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I go by feel and attitude of the car. 8" to 10" higher at the frame mount than the pinion. Are you on a long or short J bar?

Matt49
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Without even knowing what kind of car this is or what length bar, that is WAY too much rake.

jedclampit
06-02-2011, 12:14 AM
asking for someone; if you are at 10 1/2 inches on the frame, and bottom hole on the pinion, would you raise it more, or try something different? be blunt..
This is useless info with out more info................:confused:

Egoracing
06-02-2011, 07:03 AM
I have seen some one do this when they thought that the function of the bar was only the angle and did not understand that lowering one end and raising the other defeated one of the functions of the bar.
What are you trying to get from the adjustment?

Matt49
06-02-2011, 07:50 AM
I have seen some one do this when they thought that the function of the bar was only the angle and did not understand that lowering one end and raising the other defeated one of the functions of the bar.
What are you trying to get from the adjustment?

Correct. There are also some very common misconceptions out there with regards to rear roll center location. It isn't where most people think it is.

F22 RAPTOR
06-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Correct. There are also some very common misconceptions out there with regards to rear roll center location. It isn't where most people think it is.

I'm glad you said it, I was thinking it but decided not to share and get blasted. LOL