PDA

View Full Version : KSE tandem pump help

bawilson
06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Last year I had a block mounted power steering pump with a 12 to 1 sweet box and a 2 to 1 quickner. I really liked the feel of the steering last year, but this year I updated to a kse tandem pump and the steering is extremely stiff now. Is there anything I can do to to lighten up the feel?

bawilson
06-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Any suggestions? If I dont forget, I will call kse tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

usafracer
06-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Are you sure you have the lines hooked up right?

washeduptoo
06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I know you said you ran that steering box last year, but be sure that the valve on the sweet box is .185 when using a quickner. Had that problem this year and it was all new but the box was built for a non-quickner set up. Good luck.

powerslide
06-05-2011, 10:42 PM
have you tried it at speed? or just at an idle? mine is super stiff at idle

bawilson
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the response guys. I dont remember what valving I have, I will check it out when I get to the shop tonight. Very stiff at idle, but steerable at racing rpm. I am just worried that if I have to do an evasive manuver, im screwed. I was able to race one handed before...i know its not recommended, but it is too stiff now to do that. It has that much more resistance than last year.

powerslide
06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
try a little smaller pulley on the pump.

28m
06-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Some of the older KSE pumps dont have valving for low speed assist. You can have KSE upgrade your pump if you send it in or call them and see if it is something they can send you and do it yourself.

What your feeling is normal for older KSE's at low RPM's.. Matter of fact, I got rid of my KSE pumps and went back to the seperate pumps becuase of it.