06-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Latemodels

33 - John Whitney Jr
32 - Stapleton
15 - Chinn
7 - Doss
p51
10 - Meyers

Pretty good night of late model racing...Only had about 15 lates start the feature. Tim Prince flipped in the heat race and a few other guys had problems that prohibited them from starting the race. Rick Combs was leading the feature and broke..again...every time i see that white 24 it breaks during the feature. After that the race was on. It was between 15 - chinn, 32 Stapelton, and 33 Whitney. As usual, Whitney was on the bottom. He has a brand new car and is still getting it dialed in, but the car looked really great running around on the bottom. He passed the 15 of Chinn and was about to pass the 24 of Combs before Combs broke.

Then it was Stapleton's turn. Stapleton drove his best race ever tonight. He straight up passed the 15 of Chinn with a beautiful slide job and then was running down Whitney on the high side for the race lead. Stapleton pulled side by side with Whitney on the last lap but was unable to complete the pass for the feature win.

Great show by the late models even though there where only about 18 cars for 1500 to win

Modifieds

1 - Gilpin
15 - Brascum
68 - Weasel Rhodes
03 - Flyin Farmer - forget his name..lol
18 McWilliams
19 - Kirker

Great Modified race tonight. Good number of modifieds turned out tonight and put on a great feature. The 7 of Adkins started on the poll and clearly had the car to beat. The battle behind him for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th between Weasel, Gilpin, and Brascum was pretty intense. With no caution flags, Adkins began to get into lapped traffic. He came up on a big gaggle of cars and was doing a pretty good job of passing, but the flag man was not displaying the move-over flag to the slow traffic. This hurt everyone involved because the slower cars didn't realize the 7 car was there.

Adkins wound up getting into a few cars and cut a tire ending his chances for a race win. That pretty much gave it to Kid Dasco and Gilpin went on to a feature win.

Overall the track was in pretty good shape tonight. They re-worked it right before the feature and it wound up being pretty racey. They program was moved along very well this evening making for a good night of racing.

Ted Bell

32racer
06-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd rather watch grass grow. Just my opinion.

lazermod3
06-04-2011, 01:50 AM

Scotts has a special on Kentucky Blue,(GRASS SEED.)

Jody Shannon
06-04-2011, 07:39 AM
p51 - Jim Price
03 - Randy Wash
8 - Jimmy Lennex Jr.

Decent feature for a slick track. Two grooves. Missed seeing Jason, Duane and Brian Gray there. Gray has the "Sizemore" set up on his car, so it woulda been interesting to see what he coulda done on that track. What about the Tim Prince deal in the heat race? I was shocked how quick they ran the show, and water helped the track. It was good week, hope they can build some momentum off this.

MRP
06-05-2011, 12:45 PM

Obviously you weren't there because you missed some awesome racing!!!