PDA

View Full Version : Dummy Shock

blake93
06-03-2011, 11:35 PM
I am running a black front Rocket with 2010 twm Rocket birdcages. And I am wondering if i have to use a dummy shock or a chain on the left rear?

jedclampit
06-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Use a chain.....with duct tape or a sheath.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
And do not attach the chain to the birdcage. Attach it to the axle with an appropriate clamp mount.

Matt49
06-04-2011, 08:42 PM
1) NEVER use a shock as a travel limiter.
2) Attach your travel limiter to the axle tube and not something on the birdcage. Otherwise, bar angle changes also change travel limitation.
3) Do your homework and figure out where various travel limits put your max bar angles at (upper left bar) - this is an adjustment that really makes a difference.

LLOYD-XMAS
06-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Matt49... Can you explain a little more in depth why not to attach the limiter chain to the birdcage itself. Thanks

talclipse
06-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Lloyd, I'm not Matt; but I can explain his reasoning.

With the limiter attached to the birdcage every time you make a bar change it will change your amount of droop travel. This additional variable can offset the bar changes you made. By attaching the limiter to the axle you are eliminating the additional variable. With that said there are times where you still may want to change your droop travel.

gadirtracer
06-11-2011, 01:26 AM
When mounting the chain at the chassis, do you want it 90* to the tube at full droop or at ride height?
I am going to have to add a bar and mount to my chassis.

Tired of my LR's getting chewed up from hitting the back of the roll cage!;)