PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with anything from North GA?

JJinGA
06-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Anything???????

dee81fan
06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Aaron Ridley, Derek Ellis, Gary Mac is all second hand from BK......20 cars and didnt start until after ten....the track was bad and they reworked it.......wahooo......give em hell team 81........
:cool:

JJinGA
06-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks dee. Keep us updated.

dee81fan
06-05-2011, 12:19 AM
i haven't heard anything...but just gonna say how awesome it is that ngs pulled more cars than the gap on a local show.....lol........the late start could keep us up all night...feature still isnt rolling........

RW57
06-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Yea it was a big freakin joke I would elaborate more but it is 2 55 am Sunday morning AND I JUST GOT HOME more details tomorrow

Ford motorsports
06-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Derek Ellis won super late model
Jeff smith crate
Spencer singleton limited

Track was slick and ruff. We left the track at 2:45. Really late night. Also had a bad wreck.

UGABULLDAWGS21
06-05-2011, 02:48 AM
RW57, u did better than me getting home!! Haha. I will NOT bash the track, even though I had to run a more powerful class, " Mod Hobby" instead of MY class ( Econo ) even though the web site says we need 10 to have our own class!!! Yes the track did come apart, but not as bad as Rome last week & I thank the track for making every effort possible to repair it during each race....... More than I can say for others!!

IceCowart
06-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Track come apart they packed it in and I seen more passing tonight in every class than I have seen in over a month of races else where.

RW57
06-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Yes they did try to fix track I will give them that. Getting back to what you are talking about I know what web site said about the 10 cars to run econo but they had 8 they also had 8 modifed hobbys they should have been split into 2 classes . My son spent probaly 150 dollars of his hard earned money he is a college student working and going to school. All he wants too do is to have a chance too win. He along with the other econo cars had NO CHANCE . If there had been 3 or 4 cars I could understand but not 8. People get on here and say come support the track well the econo drivers did and the man let them down big time. With 8 cars he should have been A MAN ABOUT IT and ran ecno last nite and said we will not have econo any more FAIR ENOUGH that would have been the right thing to do. Several people including myself tried talking to the man he would not listen to anything any of us had to say. Now talking about car counts there were only 14 ponys there 8 of the modifed and 6 stock might have been the other way around but yet they were split into 2 classes .We tried to do our part not a one of the econo drivers I talked too said they would be back that is 8 cars and probaly 50 people gone I know we brought 7 people ourself that is 104 dollars from just one car if all 8 cars did that that is 832 dollars and some cars had 3 or 4 people just in the pits not counting people who came with them in the stands remember a pit pass is 22 dollars now they are going to open up the rules on tires alum wheels biscut pull bars 400 engines with out adding any weight so now the modifed drivers are at a big disadvantage heck if he wants it to be like Boyds so they should just rename it Southern Boyds Speedway that way you can have a South Boyds and a North Boyds. If people try and support you sometimes you just take it on the chin and go on the man showed his true colors last night. North Georgia is a great track great place to watch a race but until someone gets in that has the money to do it like it needs to be ran I am afraid it is doomed .

Ford motorsports
06-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm not going to bash the track neither. They made a awesome effort to get the track ready. It was pretty smooth for features. I've seen some tracks that ruff and them not fix it! So good job North Ga.

gravett1
06-05-2011, 10:05 AM
A special thanks to Richard Harvey from Boyd's for staying on the packer all night to keep the track together.

UGABULLDAWGS21
06-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I think that would have been better RW57. I know we can't come & take a chance of running w/ the Mods again. Not fair to either class! Hopefully more will show

garacefan11
06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
hey RW before you ever showed up to the track you knew that he said he would run econo if there were 10 cars there. not 5, not 7, not 9, or NOT EVEN 8. lol stop complaining or call your econo hobby friends to come so there will be 10 or more

RW57
06-05-2011, 05:13 PM
10 cars is a lot to ask 1st nite out like I said 3 or 4 I understand but not 8 the man made enough to pay the econo purse from the econo cars that were there.We knew what the web site said but felt like if close to 10 showed the man would do the right thing and run the class , Everything we had read the man was a good guy and do the right thing But I guess not say what you want he was in the wrong with 8 cars not running them people stuck their neck out to help support the track and he did not appreciate that fact do not worry we will not be back. One thing I will say ther have been times that the car counts were low at Dixie and Rome but they always ran the classes. In closing I hope he can make it work but you do not do it by cutting peoples throat who are trying to help you make a go of it. By the way do you have a car or are you just a fan lot of difference in spending 150 vs 12 to get in stands.

acetone
06-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm not going to bash the track neither. They made a awesome effort to get the track ready. It was pretty smooth for features. I've seen some tracks that ruff and them not fix it! So good job North Ga.

you people would be bashing any other track for the same thing.

All Revved Up
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
10 cars is a lot to ask 1st nite out like I said 3 or 4 I understand but not 8 the man made enough to pay the econo purse from the econo cars that were there.We knew what the web site said but felt like if close to 10 showed the man would do the right thing and run the class , Everything we had read the man was a good guy and do the right thing But I guess not say what you want he was in the wrong with 8 cars not running them people stuck their neck out to help support the track and he did not appreciate that fact do not worry we will not be back. One thing I will say ther have been times that the car counts were low at Dixie and Rome but they always ran the classes. In closing I hope he can make it work but you do not do it by cutting peoples throat who are trying to help you make a go of it. By the way do you have a car or are you just a fan lot of difference in spending 150 vs 12 to get in stands.

RW57, I'm sorry that you did not understand that "10" meant "10", not 8. I probably had at least 15 Econos contact me to say they would show up, but they didn't. I spoke with at least half of the ones that did show up, and they understood that the minimum (10) was not met. 2 out of the top 6 finishers were "Econos". I am aware that your car finished 10th...and hey, what if I would have scored you 12th...would that have been close enough? I greatly appreciate everyone that came to support the track, and I do apologize for the issues we had. And Sir, I wish you the best wherever you may choose to go, and I hope you continue to support, not criticize, the great sport of dirt track racing.

Mark Wooten

RW57
06-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Your scorekeeper did not even have the car on the line up he ran third in the heat your scale man called the winner light I saw what he weighed as I was standing at the scales then they put a car he outran in front of him on 1st start I had to raise cain for them to put him in right spot then the car that was dq is allowed to go to the inside pole when I asked you about it you said they weighed him in wrong I told you my opinion on that 1st start caution another restart they put the dang car back in front of him again. I do not know which drivers you talked too but I did not talk to a one who was not unhappy about it some very graphic about it .They were really unhappy when they saw the deal with the ponys 14 cars 2 classes. I will state again I read the web site about the 10 cars but the fact remains 8 people came and stuck their necks out knowing full well that they might have to race modifed hobby but hoping to get 10 or if they got close they would run it anyway. Yes 2 of the top 6 were econo cars but they were 3/4 of a race track behind I know that was not too fun as I have been there myself if the race was ran caution free they would have been lapped. And sir I am not bashing the great sport of dirt track racing just stating an opinion on what went on Saturday nite hopefully you can make it work their it would be a shame for such a great track to go to waste good luck

merc123
06-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Your scorekeeper did not even have the car on the line up he ran third in the heat your scale man called the winner light I saw what he weighed as I was standing at the scales then they put a car he outran in front of him on 1st start I had to raise cain for them to put him in right spot then the car that was dq is allowed to go to the inside pole when I asked you about it you said they weighed him in wrong I told you my opinion on that 1st start caution another restart they put the dang car back in front of him again. I do not know which drivers you talked too but I did not talk to a one who was not unhappy about it some very graphic about it .They were really unhappy when they saw the sitation with the ponys 14 cars 2 classes.

That was my car they DQ'ed because of the weight. They told my driver that he had to weigh 50 pounds MORE than what we had to. I pulled the NGS rules up on my cell phone and walked down and talked to Terry. He kept saying we had to weigh the 50 extra pounds until I showed him what the rules said. MY suggestion is someone print out all of the rules and keep them in a binder at the scale house. He did mention a rack to my driver to which my driver replied no, we didn't have one which could explain why he thought we had to add the 50 pounds. We do not have a rack on the car and he has made that mistake twice thus far, once Saturday and once last year at the Mod Hobby championship...

merc123
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I also don't recall them saying anything about running 400's. They said open tires on the front, biscuit bars and aluminum wheels. Maybe I was talking when they said 400's though...

RW57
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for clearing that up I am pretty someone asked and they said they would not have to carry more weight most every where else alum wheels have to carry more weight all the stuff they were talking about at other tracks calls for more weight I just think its a crappy deal for all you guys that run there regular to open up the rules without asking what you think about it racing is expensive enough and now by doing this it is just gonna cost you more money.

merc123
06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up

You got it.

merc123
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks for clearing that up I am pretty someone asked and they said they would not have to carry more weight most every where else alum wheels have to carry more weight all the stuff they were talking about at other tracks calls for more weight I just think its a crappy deal for all you guys that run there regular to open up the rules without asking what you think about it racing is expensive enough and now by doing this it is just gonna cost you more money.

It is what it is, ya know? We didn't do too bad at Boyd's against them 400's...just couldn't get the power to the ground.

skinnyracer39
06-06-2011, 06:58 PM
It is what it is, ya know? We didn't do too bad at Boyd's against them 400's...just couldn't get the power to the ground.

hey mec yeah i made a mistake and the weight on your car says 2900 lbs too dont it ive told them all last year to put the correct weight on the car I CAN NOT READ MINDS ,WISH I COULD .

merc123
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
hey mec yeah i made a mistake and the weight on your car says 2900 lbs too dont it ive told them all last year to put the correct weight on the car I CAN NOT READ MINDS ,WISH I COULD .

No hard feelings. You corrected the mistake which speaks loudly for your character. I'm working on the posted weight. Gotta figure out how to post weight for Boyds and NGS so it's not confusing.

#444DIRTFAN
06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
That was my car they DQ'ed because of the weight. They told my driver that he had to weigh 50 pounds MORE than what we had to. I pulled the NGS rules up on my cell phone and walked down and talked to Terry. He kept saying we had to weigh the 50 extra pounds until I showed him what the rules said. MY suggestion is someone print out all of the rules and keep them in a binder at the scale house. He did mention a rack to my driver to which my driver replied no, we didn't have one which could explain why he thought we had to add the 50 pounds. We do not have a rack on the car and he has made that mistake twice thus far, once Saturday and once last year at the Mod Hobby championship...

How did you pull the rules up, I can't even pull the MOD HOBBY rules up on my lap top????

merc123
06-06-2011, 08:57 PM
How did you pull the rules up, I can't even pull the MOD HOBBY rules up on my lap top????

I have the link to the actual rules on my phone.

But you can go here: http://www.northgaspeedway.net/rules/

RW57
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM
They were not there I could not pull them up sun possibly where they are making the changes

merc123
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
They were not there I could not pull them up sun possibly where they are making the changes

Here's the mod hobby ones...dunno when they're making changes:
http://www.northgaspeedway.net/rules/modified_hobby_rules.pdf

skinnyracer39
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
no hard feelings. You corrected the mistake which speaks loudly for your character. I'm working on the posted weight. Gotta figure out how to post weight for boyds and ngs so it's not confusing.

boyds stickers are totally diff than any others,ALSO ON THE RIGHT OF CAR A PILLAR

merc123
06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Just started racing there, didn't know that. Guess the problem is solved.

badacefaist19
06-06-2011, 11:04 PM
thank you mark wooten for doing a great job at fixing the track for what everybody came to see. the super late models. i hope that it is as good as that for the weeks to come, great racing everywhere after the packer came out. too bad they called a caution that was caused by a non driver in our feature

garacefan11
06-07-2011, 01:21 AM
thank you mark wooten for doing a great job at fixing the track for what everybody came to see. the super late models. i hope that it is as good as that for the weeks to come, great racing everywhere after the packer came out. too bad they called a caution that was caused by a non driver in our feature

well said they track wound up just right.

badacefaist19
06-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Come on Wooten! Get that Ray Cook Race to stay on!

dirt racer 15
06-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Your scorekeeper did not even have the car on the line up he ran third in the heat your scale man called the winner light I saw what he weighed as I was standing at the scales then they put a car he outran in front of him on 1st start I had to raise cain for them to put him in right spot then the car that was dq is allowed to go to the inside pole when I asked you about it you said they weighed him in wrong I told you my opinion on that 1st start caution another restart they put the dang car back in front of him again. I do not know which drivers you talked too but I did not talk to a one who was not unhappy about it some very graphic about it .They were really unhappy when they saw the deal with the ponys 14 cars 2 classes. I will state again I read the web site about the 10 cars but the fact remains 8 people came and stuck their necks out knowing full well that they might have to race modifed hobby but hoping to get 10 or if they got close they would run it anyway. Yes 2 of the top 6 were econo cars but they were 3/4 of a race track behind I know that was not too fun as I have been there myself if the race was ran caution free they would have been lapped. And sir I am not bashing the great sport of dirt track racing just stating an opinion on what went on Saturday nite hopefully you can make it work their it would be a shame for such a great track to go to waste good luck
Rw57 is just a crybabby. Why is it that the wieners always run in the back? He wants this new promoter [IN A BAD ECONOMY NO LESS] to bend the 10 car rule so his son can run closer to the front. Then they are opening the rules in hopes of attracting more cars and complains about that.How do you make this guy happy? i guess you don't. maybe he can call obama and get a resolution to the unfairnes going on at NGS.

RW57
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Trying to run an econo motor against a modifed motor is like running a crate against a super late model motor no chance esp when you have to weigh the same as the modifed cars. I guess we will see this week if any econo cars show up which I think is highly unlikely that means if the same 8 modifed cars show up there will only be 8 cars in that class does that mean they will have to race crate. My whole point is this 8 econo cars showed up knowing that they might have to race modifed but hoping that if they got close they might be allowed to race we were told before they needed at least 6 cars to pay the purse the first time econo was allowed to have their own race. If the 8 econo brought the same amout of people as we did 2 in pits 5 in stands that is 104 dollars times 8 equals 832 dollars most brought more esp in pits I would not be afraid to say those cars brought in 1100 to 1200 dollars more than enough to pay the purse and and make some money. Ok car count was not a problem people in stands was and has always been the problem now if each car put 5 people in stands that is 40 people that will not be back 40 times 12 equals 480 dollars plus what they spent at concession stand can they afford to lose 40 people in stands I do not think so there would have been more cars this week because of the 8 that took a chance say what you want about me I DO NOT CARE I hope NGA makes it but things like this do not help get it off too a good start There were enough cars there to run 2 hobby classes Oh by the way my son finished 4th the nite econo had there own class in contention all nite long not a lap behind like the other nite how much fun do you think that was for a 21 year old with maybe 20 races under his belt???????

madman90
06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Do you need a crying towel? Stay at home and you won't have worry about it.

dirt racer 15
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
If you have such a great econo go to Dixie if you don't want to run with mod. hobby. When you compared crate to super lates you showed your ignorance of racing. if you really want to race there bring 2 more cars. You talk about the fans in the stands, memo to you, they don.t want to pay $12. to see a bunch of classes with 8 cars in it. I'm glad your not the promoter.

merc123
06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Mod hobby vs. econo hobby rules. This is the "stock" rules...not the 2900 rules for the mod hobby.

It is going to go Mod Hobby then Econo comparison...like this:

Mod...Econo
Weight: 2800...2900
Body: Aluminum or Steel...Alum or Steel
Spoiler: 8"...8"
Frame: 2x2...2x2... both allowed optional Howe clip
Rack: +50lbs...+50lbs
Wheels: 12" steel...12" steel

Engines:

Setback: in line w/ 1" tolerance...in line w/ 1" tolerance
Block: max 4.060 bore, std stroke...max 4.060, std stroke
Surface Deck?: Yes...Yes
Lift Bore: OEM for make...OEM for make
Cranks: Any OEM or S/R cast or steel....Any OEM or S/R cast....
Rods: 6"...5.7" (or stock length for make)
Pins: Floating...Not floating
Piston: Any flat...4 eyebrow only
Cam: Any....425 max lift
Heads: OEM production, Vortec or World Products...OEM production or World Products
Valves: 1.94...1.94
Clutch: Stock...Stock
Intake: Any single plane...Any single plane
Carb: Single line 600...Single line 600.

What if the econo was 2800#? Would it still be competitive? What if they were 2700#?

How much more HP (torque?) is a Vortec head, 6" rod, any flat top piston, floating wrist pins, steel crank going to add to a A-hobby over a B-hobby?

chevyboy
06-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Ok Travis now how many Mods run the stock mod rules? I dnt think many of them do. And i dnt really think the less weight on the econos will help when they still have to run the 600 carb. As you know most mods run the big valves and 6 inch rods with the 750 carb. And the guys in mod hobby even said them selfs that when the two classes are not ran together is is better racing and less cars getting messed up in wrecks. And in the long run it is all around better racing for the fans. And i know the wrecks are great for the fans to see but you also know as i do that when its our cars that get mssed up in any wreck it is not the fan that has to pay for it to be fixed. I just think it would be better all around for all of the drivers and their pockets if mod and econo hobby were run in different classes. Just my op......

chevyboy
06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
If you have such a great econo go to Dixie if you don't want to run with mod. hobby. When you compared crate to super lates you showed your ignorance of racing. if you really want to race there bring 2 more cars. You talk about the fans in the stands, memo to you, they don.t want to pay $12. to see a bunch of classes with 8 cars in it. I'm glad your not the promoter.

Now lets see here... Dirt racer 15 if youre car is such a great mod hobby why do you want to keep cars with less motor in youre class? Maybe you need to do that to have sum cars in youre class that you can out run because you dnt have enough car to out run any of the mob hobbies in youre class........ And for you to tell somebody to go to Dixie maybe you should go down to Dixie and see how you fair down there youreself before you tell somebody to go. I mean it just sounds to me that this guy just wants to run on a fair level. And what he should have said is if they want to treat one class one way they should do all classes the same. Like if mods dnt have ten cars then they should move up to the next class that night to run. And same with limited car if ya dnt have ten then move up that night to the next class and run that nite. What is fair for one class should be fair for all the classes that run. But you shouldnt cut someone down or any young kid for gettn out there and tring this sport. I am sure that you didnt start out on the top when you started racing that is if you even race or have a car. So how about tring to help out the sport and not try to put it down or anybody in this sport................

RW57
06-10-2011, 04:27 AM
I am done talking about this thank you Chevy boy at least some people in this world have some sense talking about ignorant people all we want is a level playing field how would they like it if they were in our shoes I was racing before most of these people posting were probably born so I ain"t that ignorant unlike some people come on down to Dixie and get you some.

merc123
06-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Ok Travis now how many Mods run the stock mod rules? I dnt think many of them do. And i dnt really think the less weight on the econos will help when they still have to run the 600 carb. As you know most mods run the big valves and 6 inch rods with the 750 carb. And the guys in mod hobby even said them selfs that when the two classes are not ran together is is better racing and less cars getting messed up in wrecks. And in the long run it is all around better racing for the fans. And i know the wrecks are great for the fans to see but you also know as i do that when its our cars that get mssed up in any wreck it is not the fan that has to pay for it to be fixed. I just think it would be better all around for all of the drivers and their pockets if mod and econo hobby were run in different classes. Just my op......

I was just trying to see how it could be made fair if they won't make them split up. From my experience watching a motor on a dyno...the difference between the 750 and 600 was only like 5 HP.

All Revved Up
06-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Guys, here is the bottom line: North Georgia Speedway does NOT "oficially" offer an Econo Hobby class. It was not established at the beginning of the season, and there is no points system in place for that particular class. The previous promoter made a stipulation to allow Econos to race. Out of courtesy, we tried to continue that process. That stipulation was, we have no specific class established for Econos, but if you bring 10 cars, we will make a separate class. That's as "fair" as we can possibly get. Maybe it was my mistake by offering that opportunity, but I did try. If it becomes such a hassle, then we will simply refer to the basic rules, and you can read what our one and only Hobby class states.
Sorry for all the confusion.
Lesson learned.
Thanks,
Mark

RW57
06-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Well stated Mr Wooten I wish you and NGA the best of luck you did what you had to do stuck to your guns and I admire you for that maybe in the future you can reinstate the econo class and if you do we will probably return again I wish you and the track well.

RW57
06-10-2011, 05:19 PM
It is just not the carb the big motors have forged lite wgt pistons solid lifters much better heads triple disc clutches I would not be going out too far on a limb I do not think saying most of the big motors are turning close to 8 grand at the end of the straights an ecno motor struggles to get to 6500 and you are killing it to get there due to smog heads 425 lift hyd cam stock rockers it is a good thought to try to figure out how to make them equal but I do not think it can not be done.

badacefaist19
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Mark you are the man. I hope everything goes well this weekend and for the rest of the year. Thank you for keeping mine and garacefan11's favorite track open

drflavio309
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Guys, here is the bottom line: North Georgia Speedway does NOT "oficially" offer an Econo Hobby class. It was not established at the beginning of the season, and there is no points system in place for that particular class. The previous promoter made a stipulation to allow Econos to race. Out of courtesy, we tried to continue that process. That stipulation was, we have no specific class established for Econos, but if you bring 10 cars, we will make a separate class. That's as "fair" as we can possibly get. Maybe it was my mistake by offering that opportunity, but I did try. If it becomes such a hassle, then we will simply refer to the basic rules, and you can read what our one and only Hobby class states.
Sorry for all the confusion.
Lesson learned.
Thanks,
Mark
Well since you opened the bag of worms by mentioning the previous promoter, he said," If you get 10 cars to show up for this race I will bring the class back" and the required number was meet. only to be dumped ...... it was not mentioned that the class had to have 10 cars each week, if that was the case then the Mod Hobby's wouldn't of raced this past week. Are you saying that it takes 10 cars to make a class, or division? if that is the case then the Mod Hobby cars were lacking .. as were the pony's in both stock pony and the mod pony.... if you want to cut the Econo class from the schedule thats fine give them some kind of incentive to show up. like a weight break or some other way to make them come back. because who would want to race in a race where your under powered and don't really stand a chance of winning?
I understand what your going thru with taking over the track but Econo was a regular class at NGS last year, and it was assumed that it would be again since nothing was said different... but no it was passed over, so it makes the econo class look like the red headed step child....
Now if you want to give the Econo guys a break so they will be competitive i am sure they would be happy to come back and support the track.
but if you want to make them out to be the proverbial red headed step child ........ well. you may have to rely on the cars from Boyd's to make up the field..
But as I see ity, if you put a 10 car min. on one class you should do it on all classes or you look like your against one particular class.

the dr.

skinnyracer39
06-10-2011, 09:10 PM
are the worms out of the can yet ?

drflavio309
06-10-2011, 09:42 PM
are the worms out of the can yet ?

Not yet..but the lid ain't on real tight......

the dr.

RW57
06-11-2011, 07:28 AM
My point I have been trying to make all along but not as well as the DR .Thank you we were told by the previous promoter if more than 10 showed the class would be reinstated for the year we had 11 then all the changes took place.

RacedudeGa
06-11-2011, 09:21 AM
the whole problem is these two words: previous promoter

cant see why there is such a big uproar over a class the track does not have.

The guy gave the econo drivers a chance, they didnt come thru, end of discussion.

RW57... since you go to Dixie try the same thing with Mickey Swims and see how fast you are told to hit the road.

wrengoodman114
06-11-2011, 09:33 AM
All you racers need to come check out Little River Speedway , I hear all the time you guys having 15 cars in hobby and econo bomber. You guys bring me 15 of either and ill pay 500 to win every Saturday night. Oh yea $5 stands and $20 dollar pits.
Wren Goodman

Ford motorsports
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
It's raining in Chatsworth. I think it may clear out. Does anyone have mark wooten phone number. Thanks

sclantonfan
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
It's raining in Chatsworth. I think it may clear out. Does anyone have mark wooten phone number. Thanks

i just called. the racing is still on. come on out.

garacefan11
06-11-2011, 04:22 PM

706 695 3313 track phone

drflavio309
06-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Races have been called at NGS for tonight....

the dr.

merc123
06-11-2011, 11:01 PM
All you racers need to come check out Little River Speedway , I hear all the time you guys having 15 cars in hobby and econo bomber. You guys bring me 15 of either and ill pay 500 to win every Saturday night. Oh yea $5 stands and $20 dollar pits.
Wren Goodman

Are you kidding me? Track retains 50% of protest fees? If you keep 50% ya'll better be the ones tearing it down for me... Not to mention your super street rules are significantly different than NGS as far as engines...and 2 hours from NGS.

BOBBY BULLET
06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I have sit and thought about it. We race mod hobby and i see the point from both sides. I also see from mark side of it too. I look at it this way the track needs some help at this point. You have to think back in the day b-hobby or Econos was all they had. This is where it all started. You have new young drivers that dont have the fundings for big motors and stuff, but they can go to a junk yard and build a car pretty cheap. Im thinking the same way some other people are. If there is six or ten cars they allways bring a ton of fans, Which come in the pits and stands and you no they are going to buy food which =$$$$. All you would have to do is say hey we have eight cars or whatever. We are going to make it $150 to win then on back. No heat races just hot laps then feature. I think it would not hurt a thing to do this. You could also call a big race in a month from now just for this class and see how many would come then try to keep them coming back. I also dont like the weight thing for mod hobby, 100lb for this 50lb for that. Lets just make it 2700lb across the board and there is no cheating because someone has a rack or clutch or valves or whatever. That means more cars will come and fans which =$$$$.

security one
06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I have sit and thought about it. We race mod hobby and i see the point from both sides. I also see from mark side of it too. I look at it this way the track needs some help at this point. You have to think back in the day b-hobby or Econos was all they had. This is where it all started. You have new young drivers that dont have the fundings for big motors and stuff, but they can go to a junk yard and build a car pretty cheap. Im thinking the same way some other people are. If there is six or ten cars they allways bring a ton of fans, Which come in the pits and stands and you no they are going to buy food which =$$$$. All you would have to do is say hey we have eight cars or whatever. We are going to make it $150 to win then on back. No heat races just hot laps then feature. I think it would not hurt a thing to do this. You could also call a big race in a month from now just for this class and see how many would come then try to keep them coming back. I also dont like the weight thing for mod hobby, 100lb for this 50lb for that. Lets just make it 2700lb across the board and there is no cheating because someone has a rack or clutch or valves or whatever. That means more cars will come and fans which =$$$$.

this is the best post on here last year the b hobbys and econos ran with each other the b hobbys have a liittle more motor but the econos way about 400lbs less have 3 links and quick changes it all equaled out plus as stated above you bring in alot more than you payout i think the new guy only cares about late models i wish them luck but i wont be at ngs with no lower class

chevyboy
06-17-2011, 10:55 PM
this is the best post on here last year the b hobbys and econos ran with each other the b hobbys have a liittle more motor but the econos way about 400lbs less have 3 links and quick changes it all equaled out plus as stated above you bring in alot more than you payout i think the new guy only cares about late models i wish them luck but i wont be at ngs with no lower class

Now these last two post make alot of scense. We all have to start some where and we all cant find the big sponsors and the big money to start in a late model. And none of the econo or b hobby guys have an problem running in the same class. Last year we had some good racing with this same class. And it bad when alot of these same guys have been going to NGS for 2 or more years to suport the track and all the different promoters that have opened it. And now its like we are getting put out. And it seems that NGS should be tring to keep the cars they have now and get more to come instead of cutting classes and running cars off to other tracks. So why not suport the guys that have always suported the track? And i know this post will get some folks that have crapp to say about it and the lower classes dnt matter. But maybe they should look at this this way( Less classes to watch race on sat nites but you still pay the same price to get in for a less of a show) . So post all the crap you want about the lower classes and the drivers in them classes. But all we ask for is to be able to do what we love and to be able to do it our best local track. But i will say again great post Bobby and Security one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99plummer
06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
This has been such a dumb post....How about I go to NASCAR and raise hell because my Mini Stock is not fast enough to race with Cup cars.....It's Mod Hobby. You know when you leave the House that your most likely running MOD HOBBY! Stop crying! Build your car to match the rules or go race somewhere else. This kind of crap is what makes people out side our state think we are all inbreed hollow eyed mouth breathers...

drflavio309
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
This has been such a dumb post....How about I go to NASCAR and raise hell because my Mini Stock is not fast enough to race with Cup cars.....It's Mod Hobby. You know when you leave the House that your most likely running MOD HOBBY! Stop crying! Build your car to match the rules or go race somewhere else. This kind of crap is what makes people out side our state think we are all inbreed hollow eyed mouth breathers...

are you going to be singing the same song when it's the pony's that are getting cut? just wondering......

the dr....

99plummer
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Nope. I'll just do what I need to do, to run where ever has them. It's not the tracks job to make a class for every person that wants to race there. You would have 20 classes if you did that. If I want to race at North Ga. Then I better build a car for there. If They cut my class then I can race some were else or build a new car. I have been threw it before. It's Not that big a deal to drive down the road to a different track.

RacedudeGa
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Dr.. since N Ga isnt running Econo's why dont you take your car down to Dixie where they do run them. I'm sure the new promoter and everyone else @ N Ga wont miss you..;)

You have stated that you "tell it like it is". You seem to be forgetting that the new promoter offered to let you guys run in a class that the track doesnt even offer if you brought 10 cars. Well you didnt... You shouldnt be giving him a hard time, you should be giving all your fellow econo drivers the hard time for not supporting you. I'm sure he has enough on his plate trying to get things going without having to continue to deal with this issue from you.

I just wish i lived closer so i could run there on a weekly basis and i would make sure i brought a car that the track had a class for if i did.

acetone
06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Nope. I'll just do what I need to do, to run where ever has them. It's not the tracks job to make a class for every person that wants to race there. You would have 20 classes if you did that. If I want to race at North Ga. Then I better build a car for there. If They cut my class then I can race some were else or build a new car. I have been threw it before. It's Not that big a deal to drive down the road to a different track.

thats what they do in mx. why you stay at the track forever.

RW57
06-21-2011, 09:07 PM
It is all about putting people in the seats and keeping a race track open that is the bottom line. By not running econos that nite with 8 cars and doing what someone else suggested trying to continue to run them with a reduced purse as was suggested until 10 showed up and they would have possibly the next week at least 50 or 60 people left to go somewhere else to race NGA can not continue to operate like that that is the bottom line maybe it can weather the storm I hope so. Maybe if people would look at the bottom line on this and that is making money instead of blasting people who are talking with some sense about this things would be better.

99plummer
06-25-2011, 10:26 AM
OMG! I cant believe that North Ga. Speedway's whole Future depends on the Econo class...All the fans that will not show up now...What will they do!

security one
06-27-2011, 03:29 PM
about all classes had less than 10 cars i wonder if their cutting out all of them . ive heard their future isnt looking to good

merc123
06-27-2011, 03:46 PM
about all classes had less than 10 cars i wonder if their cutting out all of them . ive heard their future isnt looking to good

I've heard that it pays $1,000,000 to win on June 6th at NGS in stock Pony. I've also heard that if I run aluminum wheels I can pick up 40 extra HP! I also heard that running silicone braided fuel line and light weight muffler bearings makes an extra 5 foot pounds of torque. Maybe I should run synthetic blinker fluid in my truck because I heard that it reduces frictional drag on the trailer.

I heard, I heard, I heard... Just make some random nonsense that you HEARD and tell everyone as if it's fact. If you don't like the track, don't go. Simple as that.

Oil SPECULATION is why the gas prices are so high (google it if you have no clue). I guess if folks keep speculating the track is going to fail then guess what...IT'S GOING TO FAIL!

drflavio309
06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I've heard that it pays $1,000,000 to win on June 6th at NGS in stock Pony. I've also heard that if I run aluminum wheels I can pick up 40 extra HP! I also heard that running silicone braided fuel line and light weight muffler bearings makes an extra 5 foot pounds of torque. Maybe I should run synthetic blinker fluid in my truck because I heard that it reduces frictional drag on the trailer.

I heard, I heard, I heard... Just make some random nonsense that you HEARD and tell everyone as if it's fact. If you don't like the track, don't go. Simple as that.

Oil SPECULATION is why the gas prices are so high (google it if you have no clue). I guess if folks keep speculating the track is going to fail then guess what...IT'S GOING TO FAIL!
I thought it was July 6th for the big pony race.......(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) ( ummm I only said Dam% once....... what kind of nanny filter they got on here?) I already missed it and I was almost done with my new pony car......

the dr.

merc123
06-27-2011, 07:43 PM
I thought it was July 6th for the big pony race.......(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) ( ummm I only said Dam% once....... what kind of nanny filter they got on here?) I already missed it and I was almost done with my new pony car......

the dr.

They have it to where it puts that crap 4 times for every bad word so it makes it hard to read. My bad, it was the year 2012!