PDA

View Full Version : Newer Rayburn question

F22 RAPTOR
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
I was looking at a 2010 Rayburn frame someone has for sale on here and RacingJunk, I'm not trying to throw them under the bus, but I have some doubts about the pic provided. Has Rayburn changed the way he builds his cars? This car has a crossmember like an older Mastersbilt, that and the front crossmember looks like an older Mastersbilt also. This car also has bolt-on front bumper... Supposedly this car has never been assembled. I havent seen a newer Rayburn in person, so I was hoping somebody who had actually seen or worked on one could shed some light. Below is the ad picture from RacingJunk.

joedoozer
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I am by no means an expert on this. But that doesn't look like the Rayburns I have seen.

Front X member is totally different, I remember Rayburns using just a single bar, braced on the back side. With a plate for the rack. In that pic it looks like the main frame rails are square tube. I don't think I have seen a square tube Rayburn before. The bumper could be something someone has changed.

I am sure there are some Rayburn cars on the forum, maybe they can post some comparison pics.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I haven't seen a square tube Rayburn for quite a while.

F22 RAPTOR
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM
You can still get a square tube Rayburn I'm sure, but the cross-members are Mastersbilt type and the forward tubes off the Halo are more like a Rocket or a Masters. Rayburn has never done bolt on bumpers and supposedly this is a new 2010 car that was never assembled or raced... I think its the wrong pic or somebody is trying to sell a pig in a poke. JMO

profab00
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I have a 2010 Rayburn with bolt on bumpers. Not sure that Rayburn done it tho as the chassis was sold to me new by someone other than Rayburn. Front cross looks similar to mine also.

F22 RAPTOR
06-06-2011, 07:49 PM
I have a 2010 Rayburn with bolt on bumpers. Not sure that Rayburn done it tho as the chassis was sold to me new by someone other than Rayburn. Front cross looks similar to mine also.

Can you post a photo of your cross member? I find it strange that Rayburn would change his cross-member when some of the other builders are switching to ones like his... He may have made some changes to his cars, but I don't believe the one I posted is such, its too many things different, I think I'll just keep looking.

b33r_justin
06-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Doesn't look anything like my 2010. my cross member is single round tube with shear plate on back side. Does have a bolt on bumber though. My Rayburn doesnt have a halo cross bar either. This car does. Maybe a 2010 Rayburn COPY car with some changes. Send pic to cj and ask. I am sure he would be glad to help.

F22 RAPTOR
06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Doesn't look anything like my 2010. my cross member is single round tube with shear plate on back side. Does have a bolt on bumber though. My Rayburn doesnt have a halo cross bar either. This car does. Maybe a 2010 Rayburn COPY car with some changes. Send pic to cj and ask. I am sure he would be glad to help.

Thats what I was thinking, a copy. I think I'll look elsewhere, thanks for all the input y'all.

racer99fan
06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
stay away form rayburn there no good on dry slick tracks tnt is a very nice car very close to the bloomquist car with a few changes

F22 RAPTOR
06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
stay away form rayburn there no good on dry slick tracks tnt is a very nice car very close to the bloomquist car with a few changes

Thank you very much for your input and I'm sure TNT appreciates your plug, but I've worked on and owned Rayburns and if you know what to do and how to handle them, they work just fine anywhere. If I bought anything other than a Rayburn it'd be either a Barry Wright, a Mach I, a Larry Shaw or a Warrior. Not dissing TNT, I know they make a good car for crate applications, whether or not it shares similarities to a Bloomquist car isn't really a deciding factor for me. I like what I like for my own reasons as you I'm sure like yours.
Have a good day and a good 2011 season.

swingarm4life
06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
It isnt a Rayburn, thats for sure. Nothing on the front end or halo resembles anything close to a Rayburn. And for the guy talking up the tnts, im sure theyre good cars also but the car doesnt know its a Rayburn, TNT, or a Bloomer. Any car will run on any track condition as long as you know what to do to it.

F22 RAPTOR
06-08-2011, 02:51 PM
It isnt a Rayburn, thats for sure. Nothing on the front end or halo resembles anything close to a Rayburn. And for the guy talking up the tnts, im sure theyre good cars also but the car doesnt know its a Rayburn, TNT, or a Bloomer. Any car will run on any track condition as long as you know what to do to it.

Exactly, bro. Everybody has there own taste.

SS Motorsports
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Has to be a copy of something, Not sure if it's even a Rayburn copy. Front clip and deck look very similar to an 04-05 GRT. jmo

racin6mod
06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
at one time racemart in mo. built a chassis with the rayburn rearclip and a grt front clip for imca spec motor racing. for some crazy reason he liked the grt frontend even tho most prefer the rayburn front.he was a dealer for both and made his own frankistien chassis as well.I don't remember what he called them the modified were raiders and fr1.