PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Question

citiracer
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
We're switching from a one-piece spoiler to the two-piece deal with the third fin. How much of a difference can we expect in terms of snugging the car up?

hpmaster
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
My opinion is little or none. Ran the two piece the past 3 years and back to the 1 piece this year. I can't feel any difference.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Only advantage is not losing the whole spoiler if you tag the wall.

Egoracing
06-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Only advantage is not losing the whole spoiler if you tag the wall.

That AND if you cut it out of a sheet of aluminum you can cut more spoilers out of a sheet. 72 X 8 is 6 per 4x8 sheet. 48 + 24 by 8 inch is 8 spoilers.

jedclampit
06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
That AND if you cut it out of a sheet of aluminum you can cut more spoilers out of a sheet. 72 X 8 is 6 per 4x8 sheet. 48 + 24 by 8 inch is 8 spoilers.

Miser!;)

You won't notice any difference......till you try to knock the wall down, and don't suddenly get loosened up. :rolleyes:

Egoracing
06-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Miser!;)

You won't notice any difference......till you try to knock the wall down, and don't suddenly get loosened up. :rolleyes:

Try to save every penny so you can blow it on something else, isn't that the racers life!!
Remember last years Prelude to the dream and Joey Lagano, hit the wall and killed the spoiler and stayed on the gas! Didn't work out to well when he got to the corner!

Matt49
06-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Try to save every penny so you can blow it on something else, isn't that the racers life!!
Remember last years Prelude to the dream and Joey Lagano, hit the wall and killed the spoiler and stayed on the gas! Didn't work out to well when he got to the corner!

Racing doesn't cost any more today than it ever has: every penny you have! :-)

That Lagano thing cracked me up. Not because he spun but because when they interviewed him he was talking about how something must of broke because it just snapped loose all the sudden. Cracks me up that a NASCAR guy doesn't even understand how much downforce that spoiler generates. Especially relative to how light a DLM is to begin with. We got a laugh out of it.

hpmaster
06-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I refuse to make a comment about the wall because then there will be one out there that will think I want to remember it. As for spoilers I did the curved/rolled lip on the top edge deal this year. Can't say it's helped but it hasn't hurt as I am running pretty good this year. After updating most everything and new bunches of stuff it gets hard to say what really has helped the most.