PDA

View Full Version : opinion on rr shock placement

westcoast
06-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Just wanting opinions on what people feel the different shock locations do to car. RR spring on shock in front on 4bar vs rr spring on slider in front and shock behind. Thanks

westcoast
06-08-2011, 08:07 AM
anyone have any info?

racin6mod
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I like the rr spring on a slider in front and the shock behind gives the shock more control in my oppinion plus it's easier to make shock changes when needed.

TCmod
06-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Shock in front as a coil over. Just think about how the birdcage moves on the RR and it will be clear as day. Honestly couldn't tell you difference in feel, but that's the best way to put it. I ran shock in back all last year and this year I'm coil over in front. I like it a whole lot more.

Darkstar15
06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Have been told the car will react the same with shock in front with coilover or shock in back alone. However if running shock in back it should be stiffer to make up for it being behind birdcage and not in front in coilover because of way bircage moves on right side. Also split valve shocks may not be best on RR.

John

racin6mod
06-09-2011, 06:47 PM
the way my birdcage on the rr and all the video's I have found on youtube show the rr bc moves up and down threw it's arc with very little if any indexing.I run a 95 shock on rough tracks and 3-5 on dry tracks just as the guy's in my area do with a z-link set up with the spring on the tube and the shock behind.either way works equally well it's a mater of oppinion.