PDA

View Full Version : 2008 blue-grey rocket ride heights

WENDEL ROCKET
06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
i have been having some trouble with my boue frontend rocket with dragging the nose and skid plate all the time. my rocket book says the rf ride height should be 3 1/4 then i have talked to other people and they say it should be 3 3/4? even when the track is slick and smooth i can feel the skid plate touch a good bit more then i want it to. thanks chad

big88fan
06-07-2011, 11:12 PM
just sitting in the shop how high off the ground is the nose? what rf spring? are you sure your shock is good and your running enough comp in it?

WENDEL ROCKET
06-07-2011, 11:56 PM
the right side frame rail is 5 inchs off the ground with the rf ride height at 3 1/4. the right front spring and the shock is fine, im curious what every one else is setting the rf ride height at? like i was saying the book i have says 3 1/4 other peoples book says 3 3/4? thanks

TALON75
06-08-2011, 12:39 AM
I run 3 1/2 on the RF . Are you bottoming out the RF shock? that is the only time ours will hit the skid plate is when the RF shock bottoms out , might want to check everything like a bent lower or bent balljoints . I like to run a pring rubber in the bottom of the rf spring to help keep it from botoming out, ussually try to keep the RF shock travel about 1/4 to an 1/8th from bottom . also make sure your nose is about 10 1/2 of the ground at the RF corner at ride hieght .